Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
MsMadge, it’s the same here, I had to show the same documents and they were reviewed by 2 people. And yet I still got one of those dang DMV letters alleging I hadn’t provided 2 forms of address verification! SMDH.

California has DMV kiosks-we have 2 in my city, one is at the DMV the other is at a grocery store on the bad side of town. You can’t use them for anything related to a drivers license, ID card or real ID. They can only handle vehicle registration, address changes and submitting proof of insurance.
(1)

Real ID will be needed to board a plane ✈️ even domestically or you’ll have to carry a passport

otherwise your DL will be stamped federal limits apply 😳
(1)

Thank you Ms. Madge, and NHWM
(1)

Do we have to get a "Real ID?"
(0)

Can’t use the DMV kiosks for Real ID and Vision test and photo

two different people looked at all my Real ID paperwork which includes

proof of residence (two forms)
social security number (W2 or actual card)
Passport, original birth certificate or certified copy
(2)

Happy birthday Smeshque 🎂🎈
(2)

Happy Birthday, Smeshque! 🎈🎂🍦
(2)

I did get to sleep in a bit on my birthday.
It was a good day.
I learned how if I truly think about it, everyday is my birthday. I am so blessed, and God has been so good to me.
First birthday I did not cry.
Didn't really want a birthday meal, I really just wanted some taco bell. A black bean Quesarito, no nacho cheeese, no rice, extra black beans, and a side of avacado ranch.( they did away with my favorite power menu veggie burrito :(
So that was my birthday meal. And a chocolate frozen yogurt Sunday from Braums.
I jumped on the trampoline and just tried to be thankful for everything.
Probably the best birthday, well maybe ever.
(5)

Smeshque,
Who is dH?🤦‍♀️
zzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzz

Oh, that was two days ago, and he is still claiming his "Birthday month".

How was your birthday? Did you sleep in?

Ha ha Smeshque, people wrote to me and reminded me! Thanks for asking!

MsMadge, did you see the kiosk? If your business there can be handled at the kiosk, it is fast!
(2)

Send- Just wondering if you remembered DH birthday on the day?
(1)

A few DMVs open at 7 am - got there a few minutes before and line was already wrapped around the building but it moved steadily and I was all done by 8:40 am - would have been sooner had I filled out the renewal app online

picked up donuts and coffee and headed to hoca for breakfast with the Viking

what a fun way to spend a day off work 😆
(7)

DMV hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed on Weds Jan. 1st.

Wakeupcall.com
Are these legit?
(0)

Blackberry jam on warm croissants

anyone want to give me a wake up call at 5 am so I can make it to the DMV ? Some nights it feels like I'm just falling to sleep about that time
(5)

TnTechie, my local non hill sells dickinsons jams.....I’ll have to look for the blackberry jelly/jam!
(2)

Thanks Madge, Took me a long time but I finally learned doing much of anything else is a waste of of time.
(4)

Thanks TN,

Blackberry is my favorite!
(2)

Walmart and Amazon sell a Dickerson's Marion Blackberry jelly that's out of this world too. We like it spread across butter on homemade biscuits. I first purchased it at a Cracker Barrel. I even give jars of this stuff as Christmas presents... Not quiet as good as the home made blackberry jelly Mom and I made from blackberries picked on my grandfather's farm, but very close.
(4)

Glad,

Yes, that’s it. The original appraisal was $175 thousand. Geeeeez. according to the latest estimate it dropped down to $90 thousand. Still, a nice inheritance from his great grandfather.

It’s amazing how the prices fluctuate.

Don’t you wish we could find a hidden gem like some people do at garage sales? I’ve seen shows where they bought a painting and it’s worth a fortune and they only paid a dollar for it! People often don’t know the value of something.

I do love that show and have watched it for years.
(1)

NHWM, not my lamps, unfortunately.

Maybe this chess table? In NO, so right area.

https://www.pbs.org/wgbh/roadshow/season/6/new-orleans-la/appraisals/1845-gothic-revival-games-table--200105A01/
(1)

Our neighbors across the street went out of town for Christmas & my daughter has been feeding their cats all week. They came home today & brought us a marionberry pie from a famous bakery in Oregon and OMG! It is delicious! I’ve never even heard of a marion berry LOL! But good heavens this pie is amazing! Just used my google degree and it looks like Marion berries are a blackberry that grow in Oregon. No wonder I’ve never heard of them. I’ve never been to Oregon!
(4)

Glad,

We did it too. We actually entered a contest to win free Antiques Roadshow tickets and won the tickets.

We brought my husband’s guitar that he received as a gift from his grandfather. My husband was selected to be featured on the show. The guitar is worth approximately $8,000.00.

The show was a lot of fun!

You did great with your lamps.

My husband’s friend was featured a few years back. When his grandparents died each of the grandchildren were allowed to pick an item from their estate.

He selected a gothic chess table. He had the most valuable item of the show. That table was worth more than his house was! He told my husband that he hoped his sister did not see the show! He wasn’t going to see it. He loved that chess set and table since he was a child and it held enormous sentimental value to him.
(4)

Finally, Roku has PBS available in my area. Two sisters have a Tiffany lamp that mom has purchased years ago, now worth $200,000.00! Love the Antiques Roadshow!
(7)

63 LSU 28 Oklahoma

Geaux Tigers!!!
(1)

Okay, I want to hear everyone say, “Geaux Tigers! We are in the Peach Bowl with Oklahoma. We want to win the national championship!!!

LSU is doing well! Will be interesting if we end up playing Ohio. Ohio’s loss of the quarterback they didn’t want is our gain! He deserves the Heisman!
(0)

Becky,

you have the most positive and resilient manner of anyone I know

I wish you and Jay a calm peaceful New Year

MsM
(4)

Love and peace you, Book
(4)

((((((((book))))))) great to see a post from you. Hope you are doing well. Some of us "oldies" whose parent(s) have passed are hanging in here. I look forward to this year as being one with less complications, less fam-dram!!! That certainly would increase happiness and peace. All the best to you, book, for the coming year. Keep in touch. You're a ⭐
(10)

My health problems staying on my mind. Seems like one thing after another. My dialysis access port was damaged today accidentally. Have to use alternative port for my treatments. On Monday I have to have new port put in my arm and wait for it to be completely healed until it can be used. It was hard to get used to dialysis to start with and now a problem. Already scheduled for a simple cardiac procedure in February. Hope this is the end for problems for awhile.
(7)

Book it so good to hear from you again!
(4)

Hi Book! Happy New Year coming up.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter