Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Yes Send, I like middle finger emoji.  And after supper I'm taking a bath with Epsom salts.  I forgot about the vitamin D.  I take that too.
How do people put faces and things on their comments?  :-)
(1)

:)
(2)

Send, there is diet, sugar free, tonic water. For short term help with cramps, that might not be too bad.
(1)

There must be a raised middle finger emoji, surely, is there not?
(7)

What's on my mind?

If I get one more 'thumbs up' emoji when I've updated sister-3 on life here supporting aging parents + sister-2 (disabled)..... double incontinence & combative behavior is NOT a 'thumbs up'!

Is there an emoji with "stick your thumb where the sun don't shine"?
(2)

Send? Send? Come back Send! Who is this crazy person pretending to be Send?
(1)

Still awake, what's on Amazon Prime?

No one has mentioned the g i n to go with the tonic water as a cure for leg and foot cramping. Do you realize there is high fructose corn syrup in the tonic water?

Is the cure worse than the cramping? Not yet.
(2)

You do know how to party, Send
(3)

Have kept my 30 y.o. set of stainless steel pans.

My new job is to keep the hepa filter light blue, not red.
Do you think one little blip of methane gas will kill my parakeet?

It will be okay, it is blue now.

That tonic water tastes horrible, like medicine. But after Toad's Wild Ride... I am driving on a full moon.......Ralph's entrance was blocked by the swat team, 5 cars, one at the front door; ....then 7/11 did not have tonic water.....but did have lotto tickets, and mustard,.... and a lady in the front window with the clerk looking inside her blouse-hubs could no longer hear me when I said get out of the car....we went to a liquor store and got tonic water, came home had a mustard sandwich with bacon, cheese, lettuce, mayo, and lots of mustard. Already took Vit D and magnesium daily for 3 days. Hubs is drinking my small bottle of tonic water......and I am in bed. Sheesh!
(4)

Ali,
Of course magnesium is absorbed through the skin. I believe in these old basic remedies.
Someone gave me this, I had tried it but my ankle and calf turned black, because I did not read the instructions to rinse it off.:
swanson ultra (the most advanced nutrition technology) liquid spray, dr. barbara hendel's Magnesuim oil (magnesium chloride brine) from the ancient Zechstein Seabed in the Netherlands.

Fancy, huh?

I am sticking with the epsom salts, in the bath water, thanks.
(2)

Thanks everyone!
Reading.....taking notes.

It is encouraging that you have advice or me to alleviate my suffering.
(2)

Leg and foot cramps - Ouch!  My mother used quinine, and gave it to me also.  It was removed from use because it is needed for malaria.  Tonic water has some quinine in it, so it works sometimes.  Minerals in balance also help.  My doc figured out I needed 'chelated' calcium and magnesium, and it made all the difference.  For some reason I don't absorb them properly from foods, but I can if it is chelated.
(3)

Send, you are funny:)
(1)

Stainless steel is great for cooking. I use dishwasher detergent in a pan that is difficult to clean. Bring it to the boil and let it sit for a while. Then it cleans up nicely.
ETA - put some some water in the pan with the dishwasher detergent, in case that isn't obvious 😉
(4)

Fumes from Teflon pans have been known to kill parakeets - stick (no pun intended) to stainless steel

Helpful hint for cleaning stuck on food in stainless steel is to remove from stove and fill with water and tamp down a paper towel in the bottom of the pan
by the time you're done eating, wipe the paper towel around the pan and much of the mess is lifted away making washing much easier
(5)

Purchased a second Hepa filter to clear the air in my home. The parakeet cannot breathe in toxic odors, such as cooking in teflon pans.

This one monitors poor air quality. The blue light changes to amber, then red.

Everytime I walked by the new unit, it turned red! What? I showered, do not use perfumes.

Turns out, the muscle and joint spray (Zim's Max Freeze) I use was causing the machine to go off. A greaseless, vanishing scent formula it says. Even though it was sprayed on in another room, the scent did not dissipate right away.

Later, hubs was just falling asleep, there was a little sound, and the light turned red!
(5)

Madge you and I must be on the same wavelength when it comes to our t.v. viewing. I was just looking at the channel listings five minutes ago and saw that was on. Was tempted to watch but too tired right now.
(4)

I started watching the HBO miniseries on Chernobyl - so terrifying but interesting -
in conversation about the show, I learned that the US had a scary incident in SoCal in 1959 which is not well known but drew attention in last year's wildfire
(4)

Tonic water helps cramps - gin doesn't hurt either.
(7)

The moon looked very beautiful and full on my drive home tonight, Book. I definitely noticed it. It seemed extra bright in the dark sky, shining out from behind a few wispy clouds.

Hope your foot cramp is better, Send. I have gotten those foot cramps at times, or get a charlie horse in my leg. Magnesium supplements always help me to prevent those. If you have some Epsom salt, you could get a big dose of Mg salt that way, by absorbing it.

Edit: I just now read online that the effects of Epsom salt have NOT been proven. What?? I've long assumed that, but of course, it works that way, that you can absorb Mg through the skin. Hm. Maybe, maybe not, it would seem.
(4)

Thanks!
Drinking water and banana smoothie, with cranberry and black cherry juice.
It is what I have on hand.
Dijon mustard may not work.
(3)

My sister swears by eating a spoonful of prepared mustard for leg cramps. I've bananas (potassium) help.
(1)

Foot cramps are awful, are you sure you're drinking enough? (I mean water, not other beverages, although.....😉)
(3)

If I could just kick myself, and it wouldn't hurt more!
I knew better than to try to clean up my garden Wednedsday.
My foot is not only cramping, it seizes up and has a tendon showing from toe to ankle, making it look deformed. It gets stuck that way!

I grabbed the Vit. D and 400 mg. of magnesium, that should help.
(4)

The moon. After work, I automatically looked up in the sky and saw the moon - bright daylight hours, not evening time. Good thing no car hit me as I walked staring at the moon. I can't wait to see the moon in Texas. And in Hawaii, too!
(9)

Happy Mother’s Day to everyone especially to those who are missing their mama this weekend
(6)

The time has come to see a new PCP, I agree.

Thanks Polar and CM.
(1)

Send I see no occasion for humour in what happened with that test.

It isn't that I expect any competent medical practitioner to be au fait with the Gettysburg address, not even that very famous bit.

It is that I expect both medical practitioner and assistant to do the test properly if they're going to do it at all.

He got the date wrong. Did they actually mark this correctly?

He failed to read a question, step one in following instructions. Where was the verb? Where, come to that, was the subject? "Jesus wept" is famously the shortest sentence in the Bible, and would also have been more apt in this situation.

In all seriousness, I would make a formal complaint. There is no point in tests if those carrying them out don't do it competently.
(7)

Happy stuff here. My Mom lives in AL near my sister, about 1 1/2 hours from me. My very dear sister is feeling overwhelmed with medical stuff going on with her DH and was wondering what could be done for Mother's day. I am dealing with my own health issues and didn't feel up to making the trip over myself. I put out a call for help and my dear son is going to bring his grandmother here (where she used to live) for the day. He is looking forward to that, and so are my mother and I. I'm so grateful for a loving family.
(6)

OMG - sounds like your hub needs a new PCP. This one is clueless. So sorry about the hour cut.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter