Follow
Read More
The PCP said that.
She was "impressed" that he wrote something she never heard of (because she is from a different country, not growing up here). Who cares that it was not a complete sentence even?

The Medical assistant, who administered the test most likely did not even notice when he said April, instead of MAY. I bet she thought it was still April when he said it with confidence.

It was the PCP who said it was a high score.

I feel so very sad for my hubs struggling. His hours are cut from 20/wk.to 12-15 hrs., now I think it is because he does actually act strange at work like he does at home.

Will be making another hopeless appointment with a neurologist. But thank the Lord he has traditional Medicare (stand alone Medicare), and can choose his own doctors without a referral.
This is the "Standard of care" protocol when an HMO is in charge of care.

For once, I am not kidding. Thanks for asking (I say that sincerely-shows you know me a bit). But does anyone have something funny to say about this sad and frustrating experience?
(2)

Send - who said "You scored very high on the test. You scored higher than I could. We all have memory issues, there is no treatment for that."

The PCP? You?

Are you kidding about the high score? I hope so.
(1)

Dh was seen by his PCP today, and administered the 15 question "test" for mental status.
What is today's date? A: April 8, 2019
What month is it? A: MAY
Please write a sentence with a subject and a verb: He writes: "Four score and twenty years ago".
She asks, "What were you trying to write? I don't know that.
He could not answer.A: = (Lincoln's Gettysburg address).
Four score and SEVEN years ago, our fathers brought forth upon this continent, a new nation, conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Result: You scored very high on the test. You scored higher than I could. We all have memory issues, there is no treatment for that.

Mwahhhhh ha ha.
(2)

MsMadge,
Best to hope that the criminal cops a plea by the trial date and you will be released that morning, as having served your time (in jury duty). And, you will get paid.
(1)

Serving jury duty
#3 in the box
hope I get kicked off panel

I’ll have to go into office at night and weekend to meet deadline if picked

naturally caregivers are calling off for mother’s day so it’s gonna be a long weekend at hoca
(6)

Dh says: "I was interpolating the information".
He was giving me next week's schedule, when something seemed off, so I asked him if he was guessing or making it up.

Just the facts please.
(1)

Once upon a time when receiving mail from the Post Office, they would have stamped the date on the envelope - either on the stamp or the bottom of the envelope. Now, it travels anonymously. I miss seeing how an envelope practically took a month to get from the US mainland to the island.
(2)

Do not like the world's new way. That is to omit the time and date off the internet, so one never knows how old the information is that you are reading. Even letters from the government do not have dates.

5/6 11:50 a.m. PST
(3)

Thanks Bookluvr!
I have an old kindle too. Never replaced it, the troubles pop up, and I learn to deal.
I will ask my dH to check my storage. Thanks!

Golden,
I hear you! Never want those disasters to happen again.
That is when I tell myself, "Nothing bad is happening now" .
In my mind, I answer: "Yeah, but"......

MsMadge,
A thunderstorm is on it's way. I believe this contributes to insomnia.
For me, anyway.

Typing this from my Chromebook, my back-up tech, since my techie dH is not reliable.
(1)

Cinco de Mayo

got a piñata in the shape of a bull - mom's been feisty past couple of days - ole

trying to decide if I should go get tamales and hot chocolate or just donuts and horchata for breakfast at hoca

I'm so exhausted and insomnia isn't helping
(8)

BuzzyBee, if you love Pentatonix version of Bohemian Rhapsody, try their version of "Hallelujah". I think you would love this, too. I strongly recommend that when listening to Pentatonix to use headphones. They have a killer base singer that you can hear very clearly if using headphones.... They also have great xmas songs. I used to play it aloud from my laptop when my dad was alive...
(5)

Thank you bookluvr

I love the group 'QUEEN' so I gave your recommendation a view.
I LOVED them, they were fantastic.
(Pentatonix Bohemian Rhapsody)
(4)

((((((longears)))))) hope your grandkids get proper support and you take care of yourself.

on my mind - having flashbacks to the fire 3 years ago I had driven north for 8 hours and taken refuge in a work camp. The fire was ranging to town and outlying areas. I knew my kids and grandkids were as safe as I was for now, but I also knew if the fire came in our direction nothing could stop it. I never want to be in that situation again.
(8)

Send, my 2016 Kindle is sluggish when I turn it on, when I tap on Books, etc... I just checked the storage. Oops, I only have 7gb free out of 26gb. Time to delete downloaded ebooks - which I know that I have no plans to read within a year. It'll go back to the cloud until I'm ready to read it. I've downloaded several music from ABBA, Pentatonix, Avi Kaplan, Oakridge Boys, etc... Most were songs I downloaded while I was caregiving my bedridden parents. I guess it's time to delete those from the device... I no longer need it to get me through the pamper-changing parts and cleaning mom's trache...
(4)

GingerMay, since you just watched the move Bohemian Rhapsody, would you like to hear another modern singer group who sang this song? They keep to the original as much as possible. I hope you will like their version. As an acapella group - it's all 100% vocal, no music instruments like an electric guitar, drums, etc...
Google: Pentatonix Bohemian Rhapsody
(1)

Just the space I need to vent & not be judged. My daughter died on March 14 from complications from chemo. On March 26 my drug abusing SIL couldn't find where my daughter had hidden his stash of illegally acquired xanax so he took double the dose of her leftover benzos along with some muscle relaxants & I found him passed out when I went to find out why the baby was screaming. Called EMS hoping they would take him away to dry out, but he was coherent enough to refuse treatment. EMS said they are very familiar with him. Next morning found him face down on the baby's high chair tray, baby screaming. My two other grandchildren not the least bit worried. Got SIL into bed, got baby calmed down & SIL reappears wearing one shoe & staggering around saying he is driving the kids to school. I took his keys & hid them & took all 3 children & my poor brain damaged DH to the school & sought asylum. They helped me get in touch with social services for the kids. My uncle died on March 30. My mom with advanced alcohol induced dementia for whom I am POA, fell & broke her hip on April 3 & had successful surgery to pin the bones the next day. She will never really recover but won't be in pain & bedridden.

SIL's family says he CANNOT keep the kids & had already discussed dividing them amongst themselves within two days after our daughter's death. Social services have been doing home visits & arranging assistance for him so he can keep the kids. The caseworker says he can do whatever he wants with the children once he is cleared from this incident as he is their parent. Unless some challenges him in court.

I got all the drugs I could find out of the house. I drive the children to & from school & after school activities. Come to find out SIL's licence has been suspended & revoked for 2 years but he was still driving. SIL does seasonal work & collects unemployment the rest of the year. He worked his last 10 days for the year end of March, first of April with me & DH doing 24/7 child care, cooking, cleaning laundry, shopping, etc. Once his job was done he retreated to his bedroom with the baby & emerges only to eat, smoke or take the baby & go someplace with friends. The other two children join him in bed to watch TV or play video games when they are at home. They emerge for meals & sleep in their own rooms on school nights.

DH & I live a 12+ hour drive from here. Last August we rented this house for ourselves, our daughter & grandchildren while our daughter underwent cancer treatment. SIL is not on the lease as he has felony drug convictions & is not supposed to be here more than 10 days a month & never without a lease holder here.

We gave him 30 day notice he had to find his own place & he blew us off. We gave another 30 day notice & he is again blowing us off. We are terminating the lease 2 months early & going home. He has many relatives in town who could help him, but they think we should take care of him.

Our daughter's ashes are on the shelf in our closet. SIL left her body at the hospital morgue more than a week because he had friends calling around to find the cheapest cremation. I finally researched & called & made the arrangements. There has been no memorial. SIL was going to arrange something but he just hasn't.

We have had enough. We are so exhausted my brother may have to fly here & help me make the drive home.

Thank you for listening!
(7)

Oohnooo, don't you hate that gut clenching moment when the tech you rely on fails. Time for a new Kindle?
(2)

Kindle won't even come on at times. That's okay, I've lots to do!
(2)

Testing....I could not post just now....Sorry Gershun.
(0)

I like movies as a distraction. Just rented "Bohemian Rhapsody". (Warning to not read if you haven't seen it yet.) Felt such sadness, then respect for their talent. Mostly felt glad that Freddy woke up and fired those who were taking advantage and got back with the band. There's some message there about realizing who you are and what is important. Anyway, that is what is on my mind today.
(2)

Here in the U.S. the government tells you what you are going to get in retirement,
then spends a whole lot of time notifying you how they are taking it away, bit by bit.
(6)

CW back in the golden years when I was actually making some money - ah me sigh - I remember reading a sweet and friendly note from Her Majesty's Inland Revenue explaining Class IV National Insurance contributions. These were chargeable on people's "excess" income, they said, and although you didn't get any extra benefits or entitlements by paying them you were contributing to the nation's welfare overall. So that was a happy thought. Well done me.

Our tax people, credit where it's due, I have always found delightful to deal with as people. They are polite and helpful and - as long as they don't think you're trying to pull a fast one - sympathetic.

If you ever want to start a really exciting fight, get some public sector employees and some private sector employees and some self-employed people in the same room, find a safe place to stand, and say "final salary pensions!"
(2)

Some questions are better left alone. I have answered a few like that.
(0)

I recently got a statement telling me how much Canada Pension I'd be getting if I qualified today, I'll be living the good life with an extra 250 bucks each month. Makes me think I should have just immersed myself in the underground economy and invested my contributions instead. What has always annoyed me is that contributions are based on earnings so the poor get to retire poor too, they can't top up even if they come into some money along the way. If all I had was CPP, OAS and the Supplement for low income I'd be so screwed.
(2)

DeeAnna, lost posts are the reason some of us asked for the "needs answers" feature. If the question is something that you feel needs attention then you can bump it up, but sometimes there are questions that are incomplete, nonsensical or not appropriate to the forum that are better left alone.
(2)

And what do we call an investment scheme where the money collected from current subscribers is not invested but in fact is used to pacify earlier investors? Yes, correct, a pyramid scheme.

When companies do that sort of thing we get very cross and send their CEOs to jail. When governments do it, and in our case have been at it for over a hundred years, we call it national insurance.
(1)

This is online:
Currently, the full benefit age is 66 years and 2 months for people born in 1955, and it will gradually rise to 67 for those born in 1960 or later. Early retirement benefits will continue to be available at age 62, but they will be reduced more.
What is the Social Security Retirement Age? | National ...
(1)

Smeshque,

For me to collect SS I have to be 74 yrs old. The SS we pay in now goes for the people who are on SS now. I know it really doesn't make sense. So, what you are paying into SS that money is going towards those who are receiving SS right now.
(0)

CM- you are probably right, The way things go now a days.
(0)

Just for the "heck" of it, I looked at pages 2, 3, and 4 of the Forum and found 4+ postings that have NO answers or replies.   The Forum has been so busy these past couple of days that there are postings from 5-9+ hours that have never been replied to.  What can we do about this problem?  I don't want these people to feel that we don't care about them.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter