Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
Smeshque, maybe if I write it, it will be so boring it will help you to sleep. Think of it as killing two birds with one stone.

I do love birds though, don't get me wrong. ;)
(3)

I hear you Linda.

If you write it Gershun, I will read it. :)

I have lived with it since childhood. But thank the Lord, my body has managed to get by on minimal sleep. Good days and not so good days as you know.
(4)

Insomnia? oh yes -- My sleep graph on my Fitbit looks like a roller coaster.....
(2)

smeshque, I could write a book about insomnia. In fact my lack of good, solid sleep is starting to mess with my mind I think.

Going crazy anyone?
(5)

Insomnia, anyone?
(1)

An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it's going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
(4)

Tuesday’s full moon will be the biggest and brightest of three supermoons this year.

Okay, it's not really bigger or brighter. The full moon appears that way because it will be at the point in its orbit that is closest to the Earth.

That point is called the perigee. When the moon reaches perigee on Tuesday, it will be 221,681 miles from Earth, or about 17,000 miles closer than average, USA Today reports.
(3)

My “dream path” mirrors Smeshque and PolarBear. In my teens, 20s & 30s, I could recall my dreams like a mini movie. Somewhere in my 40s thru now (50s), I remember very few of my dreams. Maybe an object or a setting — but rarely the full plot.
(4)

Same here PB.
I like you could remember my dreams almost to every little detail. Now I try and tell DH a dream I had and I can only remember certain parts (crickets) and then I am like never mind..... I can't remember it all.

Probably goes along with age. However, my Mom will be 80 this year and she can tell me in details her dream. So yeah, I dunno,
(2)

I wonder how much other people remember their dreams after waking up. When I was in my 20s and 30s, I used to be able to recall my dreams vividly so much so that I kept a journal and wrote down the dreams I had each morning.

Now, I make a point of trying to recall, but as soon as a conscious thought enters my mind when I wake up (like...I've to go to the John), I can sense all the details of the dream I just had sinking beyond my conscious reach. Half of the times, I recall the most recent details of the dreams, but no where near what I could do before.

I will keep trying. I don't want to lose what little ability I have left.

What about you all?
(4)

I am never in control of what happens around me, but i am always in control of what happens within me.
(3)

CM,
Your programme was called the perils of the internet?

Goodnight everyone. Saving you all from what's on my mind.
(1)

I want to go SOUTTHHH for the winter.....
(2)

Oh bollocks! There has been ONE tv programme I've wanted to see all week and it started forty minutes ago. Fume! The perils of the internet, smh...
(1)

No matter how small, GingerMay?

Personally I'd have thought not being stuck without light or heat in a blizzard is quite a biggish blessing, as they go. Glad the power weathered the storm, anyway :)
(1)

At the name of Jesus
Every knee will Ow?
(3)

Wishing I were a turtle, today.
(1)

I am concerned about my knees this past year, in pain. No worries.

But every knee will bow before the Lion and the Lamb. We will have a new set of knee at that time, I am thinking.
(5)

Mindfulness. Mindful to pull back when my thoughts wander down the dark road of despair, and not get carried away with all the horrible "what if's" that may never become reality. Mindful to recognize the good stuff no matter how small... didn't lose power in the snowstorm, a nice man held a door open for me, the mechanic actually fixed my car.
(1)

Oh dear......just when I am at my wits end with dH, turns out he was getting sick, and hiding if from me.
A migraine and sinus infection, with few outward symptoms.
(5)

Brain fart day here.. both mom and I had an eye dr apt,, hers at 845 and mine at 9.. which somehow I interpreted at 945 and 10... and I was insistant to the dr office that was our times.. oh boy! But it was a slow day, and they graciously got us done. Upon our return.. I checked the cards.. opps! Even hubs said,, ugh, I think you were late! My brain is starting to go now too!
(1)

After a sleepless night and returning to sleep @ 7:30 a.m.,
my dH had set an alarm for 8:30 a.m., he says it was to call his chiropractor.
He did not call his chiropractor, and came right back to bed.
Now I am tired, skipping heartbeats, almost noon, as his non-sensical,
non-schedule schedule interferes with mine.
(1)

H2O, enough sleep, exercise, good quality food, socializing. I know a lot of people do this automatically, but I find it a struggle especially during and after dealing with yet another health crisis. After that all I want is to escape and watch Netflix, isolate, eat comfort food and drink tons of coffee to make up for my exhaustion.

But it's a recipe for double exhaustion. I am resisting the urge. Off to fill up my water bottle and ignore my coffee stash. I'll take walk here as it's a beautiful day and then more learning to love all those fruits and veg : )
(1)

On my mind today? Self care.
Eating more fruits and veggies to nourish my body.
Just decided I'm taking that vacation I've been putting off.
Stepping outside each day to breath fresh air and be still for a couple minutes even though I have to bundle up in 3 layers.
(2)

“Do all the good you can,
By all the means you can,
In all the ways you can,
In all the places you can,
At all the times you can,
To all the people you can,
As long as ever you can.” 
― John Wesley
(4)

Silence in the face of evil is itself evil.
(4)

“Be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud.”
– Maya Angelou
(4)

My mind is on the fritz.
(2)

'It came without ribbons,
It came without tags,
It came without packages, boxes or bags.
MAYBE Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store...
MAYBE Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more...'

Blessings of Christmas Past, Present and Future.
May we remember, treasure and empathize with those less fortunate.
May we all take at least one moment this holiday season for ourselves.
May we reflect on our Blessings, Strengths, and Achievements this past year through His Grace.
May we find Peace, Love and Hope as we journey into this New Year.

Blessed Be.
(4)

CM, I do a similar potato/leek soup except my recipe calls for chicken broth instead of water. I like that it ends up kind of creamy without milk or cream.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter