Follow
Read More
I'm beginning to get a feel for what it is like when the younger generation is intent on forcing changes without taking into account the needs and desires of their elders. It is a bit much when every conversation includes an admonition to buy a smart phone and get rid of your land line followed by a guilt trip that none of us put in enough effort to visit the little one. I don't care how you do the math I am not convinced that dropping the land line phone will save any of us money, and I honestly CAN NOT HEAR half of the conversations from my younger relatives on their cell phones. As for driving to visit - the only routes that do not involve four, six and eight lane highways add at minimum an hour to the trip. Toss in driving phobia (me), health problems (BIL), just plain unwilling due to stress (sister) and it isn't as simple as they believe it should be. 😒
(10)

I've always got a lot on my mind. Too much to talk about here. In fact if someone ever comes up with a way to bleach our minds temporarily so that I can take a break from thinking and obsessing please let me know.

Meanwhile I'll just keep talking to my self.........................
(9)

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.

Charles R. Swindoll
(10)

I prefer if each poster have their own On My Mind. They can post Anything that doesn't have to do with caregiving at all...a Personal Update or favorite quote they wanted to share.. I do wish AC re-instates it... BUT, as an alternative, this will work. Thanks, CM.
(6)

Happy Holidays, whatever you are celebrating or observing.!
(3)

Thanks. I needed this. It would be better to have our own "What's On My Mind " on News Feed, but this will do for now.

On my mind is "Has anyone heard from Luckylu?"

That is not what people say is "triangulation", is it?
(5)

I have to admit that even if it returns I doubt many would know or care to look for it, anyway isn't that what the various longer chat threads are doing already CM? (each with their own little following)
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter