Follow

This should be under grieving but could not pull up topic for the purpose of my post. My mom passed on May 13. After a brief, but aggressive, course of lymphoma (rare presentation in the throat and neck) and rapid onset dementia at age 92. During her hospitalization and consequent move to rehab and then AL/ hospice, her lifelong MH issues were stabilized as they were causing a lot of behavioral problems. Fast forward, God gave me the mom that I have prayed for the past 68 years. I have been at her side every day the past 3 months. We have both apologized to each other and my brother also made peace with her. I am heartbroken and miss her so much. During her last lucid day, I told her it was ok to not fight so hard, that her suffering was almost over and asked her to send me a sign that she is with dad and no more pain, free and happy. Last night was particularly bad. I felt so sad after cleaning out her AL room, and not seeing her there. Today, I met the director at the memorial park where she is going to be entombed next to my day. He introduced himself. He has the same exact last name as my folks no relation. We then took our cars to the location she will be, and he showed me the entrance he is going to inform the funeral home about for the procession on mom’s funeral Friday. When I got into back to my car in the middle of my driver’s seat was a bright shiny copper penny. I was the only one in the car, and my purse was on the floor on the back, seat. It was not there when I got into my car after meeting with director in the office first. I felt immense comfort and joy. I have been blessed to have similar experiences with every loved one who has passed on when I have been blessed to be able to ask them to do so before they passed. God listens to prayers and always gives second chances when prayed to do so.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Tyg,
Keep sharing here as much as you want.
Besides helping yourself, you are sharing with the rest of us and helping us learn.
I’m glad to hear that you are going to Griefshare. We have a group nearby, as well.
(1)

Tygrilly,

Your mom’s funeral sounds lovely. How beautiful that hawks were flying above.

Wishing you peace in GriefShare. You have a mix of memories. Just remember that the memories after your healing with her were the most precious.

Take care.
(2)

Mom had a small, but beautiful funeral yesterday...I was able to honor her the way she deserved after her long struggle with lymphoma ....the past week was very hard, both for her physically, and for me to watch emotionally....When we were in the funeral procession, there was a hawk flying in front of us in a circle, and another one joined it and they flew up and away together....another " God Wink" to comfort me...but now that all the bedside moments, funeral arrangements , extended family back home, and most of the paperwork details winding down....the realtity is setting in and I know the worst of the grieving lies ahead......, as comforted as I am that she is at peace and with my dad...I am waiting for the next GriefShare session at our church to begin, but I may need to be back on here again for awhile. Hurting big time.
(4)

I get pennies and dimes from my departed dad all the time! Hellos from heaven, I call them. I save them up in a piggy bank and each one comes to me when I need it most.
(6)

If you have a chance, Google “GodWinks”.

They’re a series of books about happenings such as yours, and favorites of mine when I’m feeling my lowest.

Hoping the storm clouds of your sorrow are all soon replaced by the sunshine of your memories.
(4)

So glad for your comfort and journey to healing, Tygr!
(2)

Im sorry about your mom passing. I love that story and have no doubt about the penny being from heaven. Everyone has their beliefs and I've also seen many 'signs' from my late father. Keep that penny close to your heart ♡♡
(3)

tygriilly,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful story. I’m so happy that you and your brother were able to find peace with your mom before she died.

You are blessed. Not everyone has the happy ending that you did.

You will miss your mother. The time that you had with her in the end was meaningful for you and your mother. I know that you will cherish those memories forever.

Your mom may be gone from this world but she will live in your heart forever.

This is a time of mourning for you. In time you will find joy again. Your mom would not want you to grieve forever. She’s watching over you.
(4)

tygrlly1- so glad you received a sign from your mother and the comfort it gave you. Mine visited me in my dream a few days after she passed. She was all smiling and happy.

Your mother's eternal soul is now in a much better place. One day you will see her again. For now, live the best life you can, as your mother would want nothing less.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter