Follow

If you read this you gotta pinky swear to keep it a secret; if you agree, continue reading...
ok maybe someone has already done this , but I am going to share my latest “life hack” that will hopefully help others. A lot of us probably use those disposable bed pads or chair pads as part of caregiving and just like every other necessary supply, these cost an arm and a leg and your first born. Where I live the average cost is $50 for 30 pads. Well, I was at petsmart the other day and there was a buy one get one half off sale on 150 packs of potty pads - yes, the ones for puppies. Don’t judge yet... I could get 300 of these potty pads that are made for the same purpose as the ‘people pads’ for $30? You guessed it, I bought them. The potty pads are a tad smaller than the people pads and they are thinner- but they absorb up to 2 cups of liquid. Mom used one potty pad on her chair for several days(she’s not incontinent just the ol’ sneeze pee thing) and the pad worked even better than people pads because there were none of those curds like you get with people pads; you know, the filler material used in people pads that gets shredded etc after a day or two- potty pads absorbed and no filler curds! Bingo! A lot of us are on very tight budgets and saving money in any way is good- just don’t let the potty pad producers find out or they’ll raise the price which will void my life hack! Pinky swear...
susan xoxoxo

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Thank you !
(0)

PharSytid, great idea, thanks for sharing :)

One time I use to buy what are called "blue sheets" from an on-line vendor, and I would buy the seconds. The seconds didn't look as nice as the first quality but they worked just as well. I don't know if vendors still sell seconds. I never used them for my parents, this was for a cat who was 21 years old and was thinking outside the box.

I think I still have a box tucked away in the basement, will have to drag it out as I am now dealing with sneeze pee thing for myself :P
(0)

Brilliant!
(0)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter