Follow

I’m posting this for Gladimhere. She cannot post on the forum. She can send and receive messages.

Some families are left with no options for finding care for their loved ones other than an ER dump.

In certain situations, nursing homes and other facilities will also send residents to the ER, only to evict them once they are at the hospital. The residents were not permitted to return to their facilities.

Gloria’s son became involved in a lawsuit and the court has declared that ‘resident dumping’ in the ER by nursing homes is illegal.

AARP published an interesting article on Gloria Singles and how this affected her family and how the recent lawsuit will impact the future for other nursing home residents.

Please read and share your thoughts.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I feel sad that the couple became separated in the final years of their marriage.

I love that the son decided to push back against this practice because others won’t have to be treated the way his parents were.
(3)

Thank you Caringinva! I was just going to post it. Gloria was dumped, filed lawsuit, she died and son ended up winning. Hopefully this will at least, make facilities think twice about evicting residents during a ER visit!

WOW and it looks as if this actually posted!
(3)

Here is a link to that article: https://www.aarp.org/aarp-foundation/our-work/legal-advocacy/patient-dumping-lawsuit-gloria-single-story.html#:~:text=Gloria%20Single%20won%20a%20landmark,what%20Mom%20would%20have%20done.%E2%80%9D
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter