Follow
Read More
Lordy. I do nothing but listen to podcasts most days while I'm going about my business.

My current favorites include Naked Lunch with Phil Rosenthal and David Wilde, which is something of an expansion of "Somebody Feed Phil" on Netflix. I also like This American Life, The Way I Heard It with Mike Rowe, Alan Alda's Clear & Vivid, and Stuff You Missed in History Class.

One of my all-time favorites was a limited series called The India Hicks Podcast. India Hicks is the granddaughter of Lord Mountbatten (Prince Philip's uncle and the last Viceroy of India), and she interviews her "veddy, veddy" English mother, Lady Pamela Hicks about her incredible life. It's fascinating as well as hilarious, because at 90-something years old, Lady Pamela has lost any filters she might have had, so she really tells it like it was.

My podcast tastes tend to run a bit younger than my chronological age (so I can stay relevant with my kids), so I also listen to a few comedy podcasts including Conan O'Brien Needs a Friend and The Office Ladies.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter