Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
One thing I tend to do is look for a writer by whatever photo they have next to their posting, if any. I would be thinking that person who had a photo of a black cat in a basket hasn't written in awhile only to find out that person had changed photos months ago... oops.

I think some writers here are afraid someone close to them will find out something about themselves. For example, I wouldn't want my Dad to find out what I had been saying about him and Mom. Oh, nothing bad, just frustrating things that are exhausting me. Maybe they need to hear the truth from my side of the table.

cwillie, oh that is funny, your sister reading your post and not knowing it is you :)
(3)

Cwillie, I Love that!
(1)

I googled Stacey B aging care, and 3 articles came up, all with Stacey B in the leader, but that could be ANY Stacey B! I'm not concerned!
(0)

Personally, I have just been amazed how people in general can misinterpret or twist something I posted into something not meant at all, but that too is okay. It is quite a challenge for me to communicate in a tactful manner, and I have found it is better just to let it go unexplained. The technology is also quite a challenge for me and I really appreciate when someone takes the time to explain it to me. I am being patient, and as Jessebelle has explained to me, just holding back before posting can help. She always carefully considers before posting. Today, I just let it fly, and had so much fun just discussing people's name changes, and the avatars are great. I especially love HOPE' s donkey!
(2)

Sendme2help, that is so common when it comes to misinterpretations or twisting words.... I've been on forums since 1999 and seen it all. What I enjoy about this website [Aging Care] is that everyone is so nice to each other. If there is a falling out, it will be quickly remedied with apologies and/or corrections.

Of course with today's technology and different devices one uses to get on this forum, seems like automatic spell check can make for some interesting reading :)

I just wish we could edit our own postings after its been placed on the forum. My proof-reading has always been terrible, and as I get older it's even worse :P Like today I wrote about siblings visiting their "mother" and it came to read "money".... was that a real slip or not? Oops.
(1)

I have noticed that the site is slow...seems to take a long time to register keystrokes which has a tendency to interfere with my train of thought...so my scattered ideas become more scattered.

I too wish we could edit our own posts.

I use firefox and still get the boxes but I ignore them.

I have never accessed agingcare from my email...so I have not noticed problems with that.

wish we could track last discussions/forums we were reading - Like an aging care history... so we could easily check back on discussions we were part of before our day or week went crazy...
(0)

Half-full, this did not come out of my empty head, but someone suggested to go to "more", click, then "activity", click. Your most recent visits are there.
Yay! I learned it, probably from Globetrotter, thanks!
(0)

Fregflyer, What about reporting our own posts when we've goofed?
By clicking on "report this post", then explaining in the following post:
" Ihave reported myself due to errors and regrets in the preceding post",
Then, report your explanation also.
Silly maybe, but I have to do checks and balances with banking too.
Whatever works. I am totally jealous of people who just let it all hang out and could care less. They seem so free!
(0)

It was BOOKLUVR who showed me how to find my recent activity.
Thanks book. Love your license plate. Upside down b l o n d e !
Just keep changing those avatars to keep us laughing!
(0)

Sendmehelp, I thought about doing that, but then I thought most people on this website can read through the typos :P
(0)

Yes, freqflyer, read through the typos, between the lines, and read what we want into it. All those things, so fun.
(0)

We are going out for haircut/his.
(0)

Updating this thread started by Maggie. We experience problems with the site, maybe it is being hacked?
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter