Follow

My sweet dad took his last gentle breath yesterday morning around 9:15 eastern. He was very ready to go and peaceful in his last hour. I'm grateful the last face he saw on this Earth was mine. My focus turns now to settling his affairs (so thankful my parents believed in having wills and trusts) and to even more care for myself. I'm an only kid but feel anything but alone thanks to my friends, extended family, and faith.

My birthday today feels bittersweet even as I hold this tender, supremely loving gratitude for all that both of my late parents have meant and will continue to mean to me. After all, I wouldn't be here to have a birthday to celebrate, without them.

I'm so grateful for this site and for the unique understanding we share about what it means to care for those we love. Thank you for all you have shared with me. ❤️

Find Care & Housing
rsparks, I am so sorry for your loss but, I know that you know he is now reunited with the loved ones gone on before.

May The Lord bless you and keep you during this new season in your life.
(1)

Beautiful.
(1)

So sorry for your loss.
(2)

So sorry for your loss.
Your way of putting 'putting down your caregiver backpack' made me sigh & smile. I see you gently placing it down. I wish you safe travels though the grieving time.
(2)

My deepest condolences on the loss of your beloved father.
(2)

Condolences on the loss of your father. Your words are quite touching. He sounds like an amazing man. Sending warm wishes for your comfort.
(1)

Wishing you peace as you grieve your loss of your father. Sending hugs your way today.
(2)

I’m so sorry for the loss of your beloved dad. How fortunate you’ve been in having such great parents, we have a shared blessing in that. I wish you the comfort of happy memories and healing in the days ahead
(1)

What sweet words you have written. Condolences on the passing of your father. It sounds like you have been blessed with both wonderful parents and wonderful friends. Happy birthday to you, I'm sure you won't be alone.
(2)

My condolences on the loss of your dear dad. How very wonderful that you were there for him until the end.

I wish you peace on your birthday today and every day.
(2)

Sending you my sincere condolences for your loss and congratulations on another trip around the sun. You and your kind care of your dad are to be celebrated today.
(2)

Condolences to you, and please take great comfort in this peaceful end with your being there. That had to mean the world. Please stay here and help us to help others, with all the knowledge you gaining from the loving care you gave.
(2)

Rsparksva, first, my condolences for the loss of your father. What a gift of care, love, and presence that you gave him in his final days here on this earth. I am an only child as well, both of my parents have passed. To not feel alone at this time is such a gift.
May your birthday be filled with the love of God and the wonderful people that He has placed in your life. Your parents are cheering you on as you enjoy your life and live it to the fullest ❤️
(2)

What a blessing that you were able to be with your dad as he transitioned from this life to the next.
You did a great job and will continue doing a great job wrapping up his affairs.
Take this time now to grieve the dad you loved and planning how your life will look now.
May God bless and keep you as you now travel this new path of life without your dad.
And by all means, celebrate the day that you were born as your parents wouldn't want it any other way.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
(1)

What a beautiful passing. Thank you for sharing with us your dads embrace of his completion and your ability to acknowledge the cycle of life with the anniversary of your birth. We celebrate with you this special time in your life. Wishing you peace.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter