Follow

I talked with a professional in eldercare, as some of you recommended. It gave me a new perspective. I learned this is a life-changing situation for me and it is extremely sad. I wasn't aware that my thinking is askew. There is a marked psychological change that is causing me to feel and think very different than anytime in my life. My father is slowing going away and I'm reacting to this profound loss. I was told to acknowledge to my brother all he has done but stay away face to face until my father is situated in assisted living.

I am sharing this with the hope that it may help someone else in a similar situation. The internet is a powerful means of communication, which can be used for good or bad. I will always chose good, even though I will admit I got whimsical at times. What I will ask is that anyone who reads this to consider that abuse, in any form, must be eliminated from this world - between individuals, groups of individuals, and governments, Particularly governments. A loving, happy, healthy, peaceful and prosperous world can be created if we eliminate abuse, protect unalienable rights and share good information with out neighbors everywhere. Please do your small part to create this wonderful culture.

Thank you everyone who replied, I would like to share one thing that I discovered that may be of interest to some people - going for a regular, daily walk is so beneficial and can do wonders. It does so much good for the body and mind. The relaxation afterwards is therapeutic and you sleep much better, particularly if you walk for an hour. Not to mention all the documented benefits you don't see! You don't need an investment but I do recommend quality newer shoes meant for walking, and only walking, for the best experience. Do some research. Online you can get some terrific bargains from trusted stores that will pay for themselves many times over.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
So great to read this, Lisa. This is wise advice for us all. Best to you.
(2)

I am so glad you talked to someone. If you feel like it, do come back with an up date in a couple of months or so. We that have followed u would like to know how Dad does, if relationship with brother improves and how you are doing.

Good Luck and God bless
(3)

Lisa,

I am glad that you are enjoying your walks.

I use to be a cyclist 🚴‍♀️ for many years, until I had a bad accident. Now I do a stationary bike.

I enjoy walking also.
(2)

Daily exercise is scientifically proven to boost mind & body. It improves all areas of life, from sleep to courage.

Your walking habit is an excellent one. One foot step at a time. One day at a time.
Keep walking on.
(3)

Best of luck and I am glad you have sought out help.
(3)

I am really glad you talked to someone and wish nothing but peace for you, your brother and your father.
(5)

Good for you Lisa ! Best wishes for healing and peace for you, and our world, in the New Year ahead... and new walking adventures. Also on my To Start list ! Lovely post.
(4)

So happy to hear that you are moving forward in life. Your dad will adjust to his facility.

I hope things work out regarding your family relationships with dad, brother and sister in law.

Wishing you and your family all the best. Find peace. You deserve it.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter