Follow

Hi everyone, I just joined the forum. I just wanted to thank everyone for sharing their questions, concerns, and experiences. As the only surviving adult child of my parents, I was feeling alone and anxious about their care. This forum has been amazing and compassionate in providing information and support for each other.

For me, dad has Parkinsons and mom is dealing with severe hearing loss, macular degeneration, and cirrhosis from a fatty liver. They're both on walkers and living at home and hour away. I struggle knowing hard times are ahead and not having any control over what comes next. I'm able to make it up weekly to run errands and buy groceries, until my school year starts. Thank you all for helping me realize there's an entire community here supporting each other.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
Thank you both. I'm learning from your hard-earned wisdom!
(1)

MrA, glad you found the group. It’s been a huge help to me. My parents are gone now but I stick around here and there, and I’m a caregiver to an adult son with a brain injury among other health complications. Always know that nothing stays the same, time moves on and events will happen that change the situation. Not anyones fault, not under anyones control, but still need plans to deal with the changes as they come. We all need to be thinking a step ahead and accepting changes
(1)

MrA2772, welcome to the forum! You have plenty of "company" on this site ;-)

I'm same as you: working on peace in my heart knowing that my LOs (93, 100 and 103) could all go into crisis at any given day. All I can do is keep reassessing the situation when/if any variables change and having a plan that works in everyone's best interests. Looking forward to "seeing" ya around on the forum!
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter