Follow

I’m writing a much belated THANK YOU to everyone on this forum for posting their truth. You’ve helped me beyond measure. Sometimes I’ve learned practical things, often times I feel comfort that people out there ‘get it’! I don’t often post - I tend to pop in a lot and read and then have to scoot out - but know that I’ve been hollering ‘YEAH’ and fist pumping at so many threads. You guys are fantastic.

Don’t get me wrong, my mother gets great care despite all my venting. But this is a woman who was so relentless she got kicked out of church. Yet by some miracle I’m expected to be the daughter of endless grace and sacrifice to please the impossible. My father’s end was also horrific. This whole situation has been grinding on for YEARS and it’s like passing a psychological kidney stone I swear. I’m so bummed so many of us are in similar straits, but at least we can share with each other.

I often feel I don’t have much to add, but I have been managing (BARELY) elder care really well despite a raging case of ADHD and some dyslexia. Having ADHD and doing elder care management is basically like asking a color blind person to put together a green and red picture puzzle. It’s doable albeit with extra struggle. No one would ever, freaking EVER hire someone like me for elder care management, but BINGO it was either me or mom becomes a ward of the state. She doesn’t deserve that. If anyone needs to know how I’m sort of managing all this w/adhd, feel free to start a new thread.

Thanks again so much, I appreciate all of you! Many, manybBlessings.

Find Care & Housing
“Passing a psychological kidney stone"

This is your gift to US!

Sometimes, having a word picture helps us to understand what in the world we are experiencing.

This picture gives us a glimmer of hope that this suffering will eventually come to an END!

Best wishes to you in 2024!
(3)

OMG! "Passing a psychological kidney stone".
I love that.
I may steal that.
I will try to remember to give you credit, but at 81 I may forget.
Happy New Year to you Madison.
(1)

You’re all most welcome, and have a relaxing new year, everybody!
(1)

Wishing you blessings while you continue on in your caregiving journey.
(2)

(((Hugs))).
(1)

Psychological kidney stone. Yep, that’s it. Kudos for coming up with the best description of caregiving ever.
(8)

We all help one another around here Madison and learn from one another as well. I think it's great you've managed to override your struggles with ADHD and care for your mom to prevent her from becoming a ward of the state. My hat is off to you for that.

Happy New Year, my friend. All the best to you in 2024.
(3)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter