Follow

This is fantastic!

A doctor who became sick of having to go into a hospital waiting room to tell family members that she did everything that she possibly could have done to save their lives.

It is heartbreaking because their deaths were preventable if their child or parent would have been wearing a seatbelt.

Teens and the elderly are at the highest risk for accidents.

I am glad to see a program like this in effect.

Congratulations to the doctor and Toyota!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
MJ,
It is nice to read about positive changes.

Thanks for sharing.
(0)

The automobile manufacturers have great programs like this. I used to work for Volkswagen years ago, and we had a fantastic program with Mothers Against Drunk Driving. We had a young woman who'd lost her leg after a collision with a drunk driver, and she'd speak to groups of students about it. She walked perfectly normally with her prosthetic leg, so she'd go out on stage and start talking about her accident to a bunch of bored high schoolers who didn't see anything wrong with her. They wouldn't pay a lot of attention, until she'd hit the microphone on her leg -- CLONK! The effect on them was mind-boggling.

I'll bet a lot of those kids still remember that presentation today, and that was 30 years ago.

We also had Audi under our banner, and we had to teach people how to drive all over again when the whole unintended acceleration thing first happened in 1986. People don't understand that cars are mechanically unable to just take off on their own without input from the driver, so we had a lot of issues with older people crashing through their garage doors when the car "magically" decided to take off.
You can thank Audi for designing the lock that keeps you from putting your car in gear without having your foot on the brake.
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter