Follow

Hi all!
Thought I'd keep you updated on everything. I'm back in my home state. I was given Tim's car. It feels great to be home but sad at the same time. Bev is actively dying. When I left, I told her I would see her in two weeks ( so I can get the last of my things) I just didn't think it may be her funeral. I'm torn. I want to be there for her. But then I'd have to deal with Tim. I believe I answered my own dilemma. I'm very sad. When I left she was still drinking fluids and taking her pills, although not all of them. ( Boost drink with pills crushed in it) Now today (Saturday) Tim called me and asked what he should do. I told him to call hospice. Why would he call me? She won't take liquids and is unresponsive. Hospice nurse came and confirmed that the end is near. She is now given morphine. Sorry I'm all over the place. Bev's sugar is sky high! (340-485) she's been given her insulin. Her pulse is very rapid (130+) It breaks my heart. Please pray Bev passes peacefully. Thank you everyone

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
My question is...how did you accomplish it. Your first post was you went to help, Tim chose to go back to work and you were left to care for his Mom.

Home Sweet Home, huh.
(1)

Shadow, I am relieved you are home. I am happy you have updated us; so few think to do that and we are left wondering what happened in their situations.
It sounds as though the end is near for Bev. It is wonderful, despite all the trauma it caused that she had you. If you tried to get there I would just be that she would be gone, or under the level of dreaming with Morphine given for her comfort. I wish you peace when she passes and that you celebrate her life, the comfort you brought her, and that you then can get on with your own life. I wish the same for Tim.
(4)

I hope this phase is peaceful for all involved.
(4)

Shadow - I am so sorry that Bev is dying. I pray that she will pass quickly and peacefully.

I am glad that you were able to extricate yourself from a very crazy situation. If you were still there, you would still be up to your eyeballs in caregiving and stress. Bev is now cared for by the hospice team and her son. You have done more than enough and have sacrificed a lot for Bev and Tim. It's time to take care of yourself.

Thank you for the update.
(4)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter