Follow

All this two-part authentication crap has made a mess of everything. I used to be able to manage my dad's finances, pay his bills, file his tax return, review his accounts for fraud. Not anymore! Thanks to all this crappy authentication I'm constantly locked out. Now some sites are asking for video authentication so even having my phone number as the contact number won't work.

I'M SO SICK OF THIS #$%^&!!!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I get it. I can't even do my own banking without it being a big production. They have an outdated phone number and email, and we can't figure out how to get them changed and stay changed. It keeps reverting to the old info.

I pay all the bills, but the one correct phone number they have is my husband's, and they send the authentication code to him. If he doesn't notice the text, the number expires and we have to go through it all over again.
(1)

When I set up my mom's stuff I included my phone number as an option to send the 2nd security code too.

You can thank the scumbags that are stealing and scamming for the difficult access. Thank God it is there, most of us would be financially wiped out if they didn't stay ahead of the criminals.
(2)

My Wells Fargo bank has voice recognition authentication. I have to say , "My voice is my password" into the phone.
(0)

Video? Hadn't heard of that. I've had to use text or email so far.
(0)

Yes, because of theft and family theft and accusations all entities are getting very very tough. If comes down to a hard and fast POA or guardianship papers. So that should be done. Even then, a POA isn't good for representative payee for SS. That's a whole different thing. Nor does the IRS accept POA. So it is very hard. I always ask people who write about POA if they are certain they want to serve in this capacity. I was POA/Trustee of Trust for my brother. It involved calls and calls and calls and mailings and mailings and mailings of papers. In person visits when possible. Meticulous record keeping. I was so lucky that he stayed rational until his death, and so lucky that he was a meticulous record keeper himself and I could pick up how to do all the files myself. I would if this was to be done again have had a good Licensed Fiduciary do all this work, and get paid to do it. It was quite tough. I will say I learned a lot, but the hard way.
(0)

Agreed. I changed banks because it made accessing my account more trouble than it was worth.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter