Follow
Read More
Send and cw,

Hahaha, 😝 thanks for the memories! Captain was unique and hilarious!
(1)

Way,

Have a great birthday celebration with your family!
(1)

Needs , no I didn't see that , but I will definitely see if I can stream it. Thanks,

Yes those where the cubicles I saw, and was standing there thinking, do I call mom ask her the name of my uncles ship or not. Hubby was wandering off, 😂, so I decided, nope my vacation.
(1)

Anyone grilling on this holiday weekend? My hubby makes wonderful bbq. I will do sides and he grills.

Nacy,

Well, next visit out here you can enter his name.

I spend so much time on genealogy. It’s fascinating to read the stories that unfold.

It’s crazy how low prices were in the past in comparison to today. I found out from census records that my parents only paid $5 a month for rent when they first married!

$5 certainly doesn’t go very far today. We can’t even buy a burger with it!

Last burger that I bought at a restaurant was $18. It was wagyu beef though, really good burger.
(1)

Cooking a beer can chicken on the grill a little later. Best way to cook a whole chicken. Think I'm going to have to go to are local store and get a bigger can of beer

Did a bunch of land scaping now I'm in my hammock. When I have the energy to get out of the hammock I'll run to the store

😱 5 $ a month for rent ,wow
(1)

We had the best surprise with food in a long time.

Pickle soup! It is so delicious and will be a regular on the menu, especially during the heat, pickle juice is a great hydrator and stops muscle cramps, tasty and beneficial, win-win!

Nacy, chicken is so good cooked that way. I like it with a strong, dark ale.

Seriously, anyone that likes dill should give this soup a try.
(2)

Isthisreal, my husband loves pickle juice. He always drinks it and leaves the pickles. I've never heard of picked soup. Sounds interesting anyways
(0)

Okay now we need a recipe ITRR!
(2)

Everyone else food always sounds better. 😂 Human nature im sure
(4)

Nothing like a good old hot dog with souerkraut and mac salad for a side.
(5)

Ana,

What are you planting? I have bell peppers growing.

Your pork sounds delicious! My husband does a great job with grilling.
(1)

Anyone with issues with sodium wouldn’t be able to eat soup made with pickles. Pickles are very high in sodium.

Unfortunately, I am extremely sensitive to sodium. It spikes my blood pressure. I don’t use a lot of salt in cooking.

I love pickles but don’t eat them very often because of my blood pressure.

When I was young, I had low blood pressure. It changed when I got older.
(2)

Always good to know. I took care of a lady for a bit that was on a very restricted salt diet.

Me not realizing soy sauce is so high in sodium and man she loved her soy sauce, on everything.
(2)

Rice and broccoli, sausage peppers and onions 😋
(1)

Ana,

I love all of those plants. So pretty!

I want to plant an herb garden. I won’t be planting cilantro though, I have that weird genetic thing that causes it to taste like soap! I can’t eat it.
(0)

Needs that's a new one for me. Interesting actually. Amazing how much I learn on this forum.
(1)

Nacy,

Cilantro tastes horrible for me. I can’t eat it at all. It showed up on my 23andme genetic tests.
(2)

Oh dear! I had a lovely meal last night, heaped with cilantro (we call it coriander). I love it!

However I hate all aniseed, fenugeek & licoroce type flavours. I wonder if that is a gene too 🤔
(3)

Beatty,

That's sounds awesome,

I'm one of those people that only eat the black jelly beans. 😆
(2)

Do you like licorice allsorts Anxietynacy? (yum)
(1)

Cwillie yes, I make pizzelles for Xmas. It's an anis Italian cookie. There delishus
(1)

Nacy,

We have Angelo Brocato’s, an Italian bakery and gelato shop here in New Orleans. They have been open since 1905. My mom went there as a child.

Everything they make is delicious! I love Italian cookies, tiramisu, cannolis, gelato, etc.

They do ship. angelobrocatoicecream.com

I am with you on black jellybeans. They are my favorite!
(0)

Omg, my x is Italian, I love Italian bakeries. Any Italian paster you can't go wrong!
(2)

Nacy,

My husband is Italian! I only have a small amount of Italian heritage in my DNA. I am predominantly British. Most of my family came over from the greater London area.

Italians are wonderful cooks! We have delicious Italian cookies at all of our St. Joseph alters here in New Orleans.

New Orleans has tons of Italians. The only other place that has more Italian residents is New York.
(0)

Yes, the driver that took us to the swamp tours, was Italian, we drove by a lot of Spanish type homes, and a beautiful church. Then he showed us a tree in a back yard of someone's home , that was 500 years old. It was so beautiful. Spanish moss hanging all over it. I would of loved to of gotten a pictchure of it. We sat up front and chatted with him the whole ride
(1)

Lol, here i go again forgetting this is , what's for dinner. 😆
(1)

Nacy,

The swamp tours are fun. Did you eat any alligator when you were here?

It’s on some local menus. More often, it is seen in the Cajun areas of Louisiana.

People try to lump Cajun and creole cuisine together. There are similarities between these two cuisines but there are differences as well.
(0)

Oh the swamp tours where so much fun. I figured we would maybe see an alligator or two but wow, they were all over!!

My husband at some deep fried alligator bites. I just wasn't interested in trying alligator
(1)

Nacy,

Deep fried alligator bites are a popular appetizer. The Cajuns make alligator sausage.

There are lots of hunters in the Cajun areas of Louisiana and they will eat all sorts of things!

Louisiana is referred to as a sportsman’s paradise. I love our local seafood. Many people love fishing in our area.
(0)

Needs someone did explain the difference between creole and Cajun. But I don't really remember what they said.

I'm sure you have a lot of interesting people in rural Louisiana. I've read some books about the swamps and such and movies.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter