Follow
Read More
I'm doing breakfast for dinner tonight: pancakes, eggs, bacon, and strawberries
(2)

I love breakfast for dinner!!

I was at my sister's today and stopped off at 3 stores on the way home to take advantage of grocery sales - I have SO MUCH fruits and veggies so for tonight I think a salad makes sense LOL
(3)

Im actually going to make , breakfast sandwiches , with large English muffins. 😂
(1)

Grilled salmon, cous cous and asparagus.
(2)

Just read an article from dietitians on avoiding ordering salads from popular restaurants.

I am glad that I make salads at home.

I don’t eat at any of these restaurants. Seriously, what is the point of ordering a salad out when they are prepared this unhealthy!

California Pizza Kitchen
Waldorf Chicken Salad
1320 calories
94 g fat
54 g sugar
2020 mg sodium

Chili’s
Quesadilla Explosion Salad
1340 calories
87 g fat
17 g sugar
2140 mg sodium

Applebees
Oriental Chicken Salad
1570 calories
105 g fat
44 g sugar
1730 mg sodium

Friendly’s
Crispy Chicken Salad
977 54 g fat
22 g sugar
2189 mg sodium

Hooters
Chicken Caesar Salad
770 calories
47 g fat
6 g sugar
2190 mg sodium

Chick Fil-A
Cobb Salad
850 calories
61 g fat 6 g sugar
2220 mg sodium

Perkins
Honey Mustard Chicken Crunch Salad
980 calories
63 g fat
28 g sugar
2030 mg sodium

Red lobster
Caesar Salad with Grilled Salmon
830 calories
65 g fat
3 g sugar
1540 mg sodium

Uno Pizzeria
Chopped Honeycrisp Chicken Salad
1320 calories
90 g fat
18 g sugar
2000 mg sodium

(more fat than a 20 piece order of McDonald’s chicken nuggets)

Wendy’s
Taco Salad
690 calories
34 g fat
16 g sugar
1870 mg sodium

Buffalo Wild Wings
Buffalo Wedge Salad
800 calories
66 g fat
7 g sugar
2860 mg sodium
(0)

Needs, and they are fooling people to think there healthy.

Id rather eat a burger out , something I really like
(2)

Now I know why the Applebee’s oriental chicken salad tastes good .🤪😜😝. Maybe once or twice a year I get it . It’s the only thing I like there .

I’m not surprised that the dressing would have a lot of sugar and salt .

However I do get the grilled chicken , not the fried crispy . 😄😄
(2)

Those high calorie salads are not news, but I figure at least people are getting a few veggies in their day instead of just high fat protein and highly processed carbs. Mom and I used to get McDonald's salads instead of the fries in our combos and it always annoyed me that they came sprinkled with cheese, it shouldn't be necessary to add extra fat and calories to every freaking thing on the menu!
(3)

I agree, Way. Grilled over fried is the way to go.

I think most people use an excess of high calorie salad dressing too.
(1)

How many of you read food labels at the grocery? I do. It’s the only way to know what you’re buying.
(0)

Needs, I do but probably not often enough.

As for what's for dinner, tuna fish sandwiches. 😂
(1)

I don't need to check labels because I usually buy the same things over and over, and when I don't it's because I've decided I want to splurge.
(3)

cw,

I agree that you don’t have to check the label on splurge items. 😆
(1)

All I want to do is splurge!
My own cooking and sharing the cooking with dH feels like punishment for both of us.

That reminds me... I could get a frozen Marie Callender's Pie delivered!
Lemon Meringue, Chocolate.

Even a splurge around here needs to be justified by the budget. We have a lot of good stuff splurged just last week:
oatmeal cranberry walnut cookies from Sprouts
Brownie Bites
Kind Bars Brownie
Lemon Snaps, Lemon Wafers, Ginger Snaps.

Forgot what I had for dinner, but the Post Fire is 31% contained and has also reached Pyramid Lake. Skies look clear.
(6)

I may have gone just a little overboard with my fruits and veggie shopping the other day, the peaches are already ripe and I haven't eaten any strawberries or kiwi yet. Yesterday I roasted zoodles on a sheet pan with a garlicky cottage cheese and parmesan sauce, that was a success! Tonight I'm making an Italian inspired asparagus, garlic and mushroom with fettuccine dish using the instant pot on saute so I won't have to heat up the stove, just winging it.
(4)

cw,

Sounds great!

Whenever I overbuy fruit, I make smoothies.

Too many veggies? I will make soup. Not so much in the summer heat. I do love a pasta primavera!
(0)

I can make soup or smoothies with frozen fruits and veggies any old day, I am seldom willing to pay the inflated prices in my town for the fresh stuff so I want to make the most of it.
(the peaches are delicious by the way)
(0)

cw,

I love fresh peaches! So delicious! I have been buying fresh strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and pineapple.
(1)

It’s NeedHelpWithMom’s fault !

Was running errands this afternoon , then had to go with DH to pick up my car at dinner time after routine maintenance . DH said why don’t we grab a bite , he didn’t want leftovers . I said I didn’t want anything hot .

DH said how about that salad you like at Applebees since it’s on the way home.
Need said it and somehow it got in DH’s brain!

I don’t even remember the last time we were at Applebees. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️.

Soooooo, I had the oriental salad 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️.

So Need said it was 1570 calories.
The menu said it was 1250 calories with the grilled chicken ( instead of fried ) which is what I had.
However , I only eat 1/2 and I bring home 1/2 for lunch tomorrow. If I eat it by then it’s ok , not too wilted from the dressing.
Also I don’t eat the large breadstick at all that comes on it .
So I think just 1/2 the salad with no breadstick isn’t too bad .
(4)

Way,

Yep! Splitting an entree is the way to go! You did very well! 😁
(1)

I made a salad for dinner tonight too.
My daughter said that certain places, not here though are having salmonella issues with cucumbers. I love cucumbers!
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter