Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
All I want to do is splurge!
My own cooking and sharing the cooking with dH feels like punishment for both of us.

That reminds me... I could get a frozen Marie Callender's Pie delivered!
Lemon Meringue, Chocolate.

Even a splurge around here needs to be justified by the budget. We have a lot of good stuff splurged just last week:
oatmeal cranberry walnut cookies from Sprouts
Brownie Bites
Kind Bars Brownie
Lemon Snaps, Lemon Wafers, Ginger Snaps.

Forgot what I had for dinner, but the Post Fire is 31% contained and has also reached Pyramid Lake. Skies look clear.
(6)

I may have gone just a little overboard with my fruits and veggie shopping the other day, the peaches are already ripe and I haven't eaten any strawberries or kiwi yet. Yesterday I roasted zoodles on a sheet pan with a garlicky cottage cheese and parmesan sauce, that was a success! Tonight I'm making an Italian inspired asparagus, garlic and mushroom with fettuccine dish using the instant pot on saute so I won't have to heat up the stove, just winging it.
(4)

cw,

Sounds great!

Whenever I overbuy fruit, I make smoothies.

Too many veggies? I will make soup. Not so much in the summer heat. I do love a pasta primavera!
(0)

I can make soup or smoothies with frozen fruits and veggies any old day, I am seldom willing to pay the inflated prices in my town for the fresh stuff so I want to make the most of it.
(the peaches are delicious by the way)
(0)

cw,

I love fresh peaches! So delicious! I have been buying fresh strawberries, blueberries, blackberries and pineapple.
(1)

It’s NeedHelpWithMom’s fault !

Was running errands this afternoon , then had to go with DH to pick up my car at dinner time after routine maintenance . DH said why don’t we grab a bite , he didn’t want leftovers . I said I didn’t want anything hot .

DH said how about that salad you like at Applebees since it’s on the way home.
Need said it and somehow it got in DH’s brain!

I don’t even remember the last time we were at Applebees. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️.

Soooooo, I had the oriental salad 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️.

So Need said it was 1570 calories.
The menu said it was 1250 calories with the grilled chicken ( instead of fried ) which is what I had.
However , I only eat 1/2 and I bring home 1/2 for lunch tomorrow. If I eat it by then it’s ok , not too wilted from the dressing.
Also I don’t eat the large breadstick at all that comes on it .
So I think just 1/2 the salad with no breadstick isn’t too bad .
(4)

Way,

Yep! Splitting an entree is the way to go! You did very well! 😁
(1)

I made a salad for dinner tonight too.
My daughter said that certain places, not here though are having salmonella issues with cucumbers. I love cucumbers!
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter