Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
2 3 4 5 6
Pan fried salmon, baby potatoes, and asparagus.
(2)

Oonce my mother dropped her long wallet and never even realized it until I picked it up for her.
(3)

Once I dropped money out of my pocket in front of a store and a stranger turned it into the lost and found.

Same thing happened on vacation in crowded Williamsburg. I went to the lost and found. My husband thought I was crazy.

Both times I got all of my money back. Lots of cash that I shouldn’t have put in my pocket.

I said a prayer to St. Anthony, patron saint of lost objects. My husband thought I was nuts! LOL The best one was when I found my husband’s wedding ring on the beach in the sand!

I have found tons of lost things. My daughters joke around and say that I should start a website saying that I will pray to St. Anthony and charge a fee! Hahaha 😝
(2)

My grandfather always had a ton of change in his recliner! LOL. 😆

Mom reupholstered it once and found tons of change that had fallen out of his pockets into the chair.
(1)

cwillie,

It’s true . It’s more rare to find money now .
(2)

For a few years after we switched to one and two dollar coins cleaning the couch was quite profitable but now that we've gone mostly cashless it's rare to find lost money of any kind.
(4)

Well , since cleaning the cars today and only finding 52 cents , it’s leftovers!!

Nobody ever loses $20 bills in my car . 🤔🤔🥲
(4)

Hubby's on duty tonight 😊 he making chicken scampi, an olive garden recipe. With red lobster , cheese rolls.
(2)

TN, indeed your sons are a wonderful blessing!

We’re having salmon and vegetables for dinner this evening. Salmon is one of my favorite meals! I also made a big pot of vegetable soup to enjoy for lunch during the week. I make soup quite often.
(2)

You are indeed blessed TNtechie. And a blessing!
(5)

Congratulations, TN. Blessings for you and blessings for them.
(3)

Today is the 3 month anniversary of younger son's adoption. I have been blessed to have a 16 and 10 year old in my life at 60! Lots of cooking and lots of chauffer duty.
(7)

How timely, Need! Tonight I made meatballs in a sour cream mushroom sauce with lots of smoked paprika. I like the dish but my husband isn’t particularly fond of it. “Could be worse. Could have been beets!”
(4)

CW, so very true.

Nothing like fresh but, frozen thawed works in a pinch :-)
(0)

Anxiety.

I get what you’re saying. I absolutely hate beets. I have never liked them. My bosses wife invited me over for dinner at their home. She was an excellent cook and I enjoyed eating dinner with them.

Well, one day she offered me beets. I politely declined. She insisted that I would like ‘her’ beets. So, I tried them. I discovered that I still hate beets no matter how they were prepared! LOL 😆

Sometimes, it does make a difference who is cooking though, so yeah it’s good to at least try something again.
(1)

Sorry needs help, 😊 the fact that I didn't hate it, ment I need more exposure. If we get back there I will definitely give it another go. When in Rome, do as the Romans.
(2)

Isthisrealyreal - we used to get those frozen pies but they aren't the same as the real thing!
(2)

Anxiety,

Oh yes, there is definitely a “pumpkin” overload everywhere!

I am going to let your grits comment roll off my back! LOL 😝
(1)

cWillie, where I live all the cream pies are in the freezer section of the grocery store. Just an FYI.
(1)

I love cream pies but you almost never see them any more and I won't make any kind of pie just for me alone. There are so many kinds of pies you could make a different one every week and not come close to the bottom of the list but I bet most people have never had anything other than the ones commonly found in supermarkets. BTW, don't forget Thursday is "Pi Day"!
(4)

Omg, way, there is nothing better than homemade chocolate pudding, I made that during the pandemic quite often, , I found it's the best thing to make if anyone of your loved ones are having dental work done. Most people don't even know pudding doesn't naturally come out of a box. 😆

Needs, apple and pumpkin is the fav for everyone around my area.

But I'm not into all the pumpkin flavored things, they do around here, pumpkin coffee, ice cream you name it, it's really over done!

Went to Alabama last year to visit an old army friend of my husband's , had grits for the first time. I'll say it wasn't horrible 😆.
(2)

Way,

Yum! I wouldn’t care about the crust either. Can’t go wrong with chocolate!
(1)

My son and husband’s favorite is chocolate cream pie . I make the chocolate pudding and whip cream topping from scratch but I just buy a frozen pie crust to bake in the oven before I fill it with pudding and cream .
Years and years of this and they finally told me to skip the pie crust . They don’t care about having crust . So now they only get the pudding and cream on top. I bought ceramic pie plates that are to make small personal pies and fill them .
(3)

Way,

I love the Dutch apple because I adore the crumb topping! It’s a mix between a delicious apple crisp and a pie. So good!

I like baking berry or apple crisp because it’s so easy!

My husband has a sweet tooth!
(2)

Dutch crumb apple pie is my favorite.
(1)

Anxiety,

Now you’re speaking my language. Grits are a staple in my neck of the woods!

I love cobblers. I make them.

I love berry cobblers and apple too, but my favorite has always been a peach cobbler.

I do a phenomenal bread pudding too. Everyone here makes bread pudding.

What pie do you prefer at thanksgiving? Pumpkin? Pecan? Apple?
(0)

That’s right Pam . My DIL says the good cheese curds squeak. We had them in Wisconsin when we visited . My son lived there for years for his job , met his wife there and they have since moved back east by us . I wonder if Weis by me has them or maybe Wegmans or Trader Joe’s . I don’t go to Weis much . I’m in Giant mostly. It’s the closest to drive to .
(1)

Our Weis has cheese curds! My hubs loves them. They called them "squeek cheese" when he worked in Wisc.
(2)

I live in the North East , I recently saw apple cobbler on a menu. I remember because like you said, you don’t see it . I’ve also seen cheese curds which made my daughter in law happy , she grew up in Wisconsin.
And chicken and waffles is now up here too.

I made a batch of home made Mac and cheese today .
(2)

People are not going to know how to cook the good ol fashion way, lol a sprinkle is this a dash of that

I'm putting blackberry Cobbler on my list of things I want to make sometime soon,

People really don't make cobbler in the North East. Honestly it's not something that I ever see on a menu, same as grits
(2)

2 3 4 5 6
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter