Follow

I have only been on the forum for a few weeks now. I've had some wonderful supportive replies/answers from people. This is human compassion at work.

So far I've learned there are 1000's of different situations. People at different stage of caregiving or their family members are doing the caregiving and they have issues around things. Some people are in better place than others. Some people have more supportive family members than others, but one thing is for sure it's a tough job caregiving or dealing with the problems of around caregiving. There are all sort of emotions flying around.

We all know when the clocks turn into another year none of our problems will magically go away; but with the compassion & support of one another the load can be lessened. I do wish more happier times for people. I know it doesn't come by just saying it, and people are sometimes not ready to be in happier times (people grieving for example) but the compassion of my heart, goes to you all, to have more peace, to be in a better place in the future.

I can't do a reply-all, so here's to all of you experiencing difficulty, hardships, loss of loved ones, stressed out (burnout). I will be raising a glass & thinking of you all with compassionate thoughts, that hopefully stay with you presently, but stay with you always, to give you strength to cope better via this forum, via others giving supportive answers to you; as they have given me. I thank all of you that have answered my questions thus far; you are noticed and I appreciate you!

Love & Peace to all.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
My caregiving days are over. I took care of my mom for 14 years in my home. She had Parkinson’s disease and dementia.

Caregiving was undoubtedly the hardest and most challenging job that I ever had.

I am grateful that my mom is at peace now. She lived to be 95 years old.

Wishing you a happy new year and welcome to the forum.
(0)

We’ll tak’ a cup o’ kindness yet, for auld lang syne 🎶

Cheer to you all 🤗
(1)

Well said oldageisnotfun(even if I still don't like your username, as I believe that our life is what we make of it regardless of our age)so I'm raising my glass as well to you and everyone and wishing everyone a healthy, happy and yes, FUN(regardless of your age)year!!!
(2)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter