I left my job to go full time caregiver for both my parents. First it was just my dad who suffers from I believe frontal temporal lobe dementia and vascular dementia. My mother is now declining, staying depressed because it is hard to deal with seeing the drastic changes in dad day by day. She also is a fall risk and needs help with medications, cooking, cleaning, etc.

Anyways, she is going to move into an apartment. In order for myself to live there I need to show some form of income? Has anyone ever dealt with this before? I have a caregiver agreement drawn up, showing everything I do and an agreed upon compensation. However, do I need to obtain and federal employee ID number? As if I was setting up my own business and calculate my tax's to take out from that pay? Pay is coming from my father's VA disability, which is what its suppose to be used for anyways, paying me a small 300 a month would be far cheaper than any other third party program. We have hospice as well, but that is not every day.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
If you are a self employed sole propietor without hiring any employees, you do not need a federal.ID number. You just do the taxes under your SS number. State laws differ.
Helpful Answer (1)

I would say no you wouldn't have to obtain a federal employee ID number but I would consult with a CPA I don't know if your Mom qualifies for Medicaid but you can be dual Medicare and Medicaid once qualified states have a program I believe its called HCBS Home and Community Based Services which depending on her ADL you would be able to be compensated up to $18 an hour by the state
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter