I'm afraid of her. She has a nasty temper. I'm afraid for my own safety.

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Find Care & Housing

This post is from 2020. You said at that time you got a lawyer. What did the lawyer do? Did COVID stop the process? If so things have changed. You should get a lawyer and go thru eviction again. The police can then walk her out.

Isthis says you have been posting since 2019. Thats before COVID. Sorry, we have given you suggestions before. Not sure what more we could say.
Helpful Answer (2)

MJ, you have been asking this question since 2019. Have you done any of the steps that people offered as a solution?

If you are afraid, you need to call the police and have her removed.
Helpful Answer (1)

See a landlord-tenant attorney or get advice from your local board regarding tenancy law.
You do not need contact. This can be done through the law as the law reads in your area.
Helpful Answer (0)

Was she a caregiver for a LO? I'd talk to a lawyer right away. If she makes even a verbal threat to you or starts busting stuff in your home or on your property call 911 immediately.

The eviction process differs by state so you'll need to contact your county's website to find out what is required. In my state it involves going down to the courthouse to fill out and pay for a special form (price will vary but in my state it is $350). Then you are issued the formal eviction notice which the landlord then has to post on the door to the house or room where they are living. They have 30 days to leave. If 30 days come and go and they refuse to leave THEN you can call the police and have her escorted off your property.

I've read on this forum that some states have rules about live-in caregivers having to vacate the premises immediately when the caregiving ends. Did she sign any sort of contract for the caregiving services? Was she being paid cash so that there's no proof she was ever a caregiver? I'd talk to a lawyer familiar with landlord and eviction issues. She could become a squatter, which in some states would give her some "rights" -- and be an even bigger headache for you.
Helpful Answer (0)

This question has been closed for answers. Ask a New Question.
Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter