You can call Council on Aging in your area. They will do an assessment of his needs. If he qualifies, they will send a caregiver out from an agency.

There is usually a waiting list, so make an appointment as soon as possible.

Best of luck in finding help for your husband.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to NeedHelpWithMom

You can contact an agency and request a Shower Aide a few times a week. That person will come in and shower or give your husband a bath and get him shaved, groomed and dressed. (In most cases they can not cut finger nails and they certainly can not do toe nails. )

Now if there is a possibility that your husband would qualify for Hospice a CNA would come in 2 to 3 times a week and shower him, shave, dress him and order supplies that would be delivered to your house. (covered by Hospice)
and you would get a Nurse that would come 1 time a week and check on him and order medications and supplies that again would be delivered. This is covered by Medicare, Medicaid and most other insurance.
Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to Grandma1954

Join and post a ISO (in search of) an aid to come in X times a week to bath your husband, preferably a guy.

We found a neighbor 2 doors down who was qualified to bath my Aunt with dementia and it was very inexpensive, just paid her cash for 2x a week ($25 each time because she was pretty speedy at it).

Helpful Answer (0)
Reply to Geaton777

You can hire CNA's that will come in to assist your husband in the bath or shower twice a week(as most elderly folks don't need more than that), and then use the extra large body wipes and waterless shampoo and conditioner caps for the in-between times. Both can be ordered on either Amazon or
Helpful Answer (5)
Reply to funkygrandma59

Ask a Question
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter