My mom is 97 and she is swallowing mucus and not able to blow her nose. My mom has a little congested and she’s coughing it up, but wants to spit the mucus out. I know that the mucus can’t hurt her, but she’s getting choked up on it and I don’t know how to get her to understand if you blow it out her nose or spit it out you won’t keep choking on it. So how do I get her to understand and spit it out or blow her nose?
if she is in a facility, they should be able to provide one. They did for my father… that’s where I got the idea to ask our doctor for one at home.
Best to contact your Mom's primary doctor and see what suggestions he/she has.