Follow
Read More
Find Care & Housing
3 4 5 6 7
AC,

This forum has tremendous value. It greatly helped me as a caregiver for my mother.

Please update us on the ‘fixes’ to the site. I find it very frustrating that I can’t edit posts in the ‘questions’ section or see who is posting. It makes it harder to follow conversations if we can’t see names of posters.

Also, posters are saying that entire posts have been deleted. Can you explain why this is happening?

Thanks,

NHWM
(13)

cw,

It is taking a long time to load. The little circle spins and spins until the survey pops up.
(5)

My inability to see the survey could have something to do with my browser security settings and/or my ad blocker, I do notice the profile page takes a long time to load.
(2)

Peace,

Now watch! It will come up every time you log into profile.
(0)

Just tried again and poll came up.
(1)

Poll didn’t show when I logged in a few minutes ago either.
(1)

The poll comes up for me every time profile is hit. It’s a super quick poll. I don’t feel like taking it over and over again through. I have taken it several times already.
(0)

Way, you have every right to be frustrated with your husband and your FIL. I so wish they could see your point of view.
(0)

No poll for me.
(1)

No poll

Ariadnee
(1)

Way, we are NOT tired of your vents/rants and I for one don't feel pity for you. You are strong, smart and resourceful.

Please let us know what happened!
(3)

@ MD1748.

Quite honestly . At the end of my rope with FIL , just not in the mood to fill out a poll. I wish my circumstances were very different and didn’t feel the need to come here for pity from strangers . Therefore, I wouldn’t be here to fill out a poll. It’s pathetic that this selfish abusive man is upending my and DH lives this bad . Yesterday was a new escalation that I haven’t even written about on my FIL thread . By now I’m sure people don’t even want to read that thread and I don’t blame them . There is no new advice anyone can give me . It doesn’t have to be this way . I wish DH would grow a backbone or give up POA .
(7)

Placing the poll on the profile page is a weird choice, I almost never go there because everything I follow and all my messages are available in my feed.
(4)

Any poll that doesn't pop automatically, but rather needs the user to check her/his profile is not useful.

Any poll that allows users to take it more than once is going to be pretty skewed.

The other forum I belong to (which is run ENTIRELY by volunteers, no paid staff, no advertising and impeccably moderated) does not have these issues.

The poor quality of tech on this site is frustrating and off-putting.
(6)

I agree with you CTTN55. And I still don't see the poll after logging in today 🤷🏻‍♀️
(1)

There is an X at the top right corner that I click to get rid of the poll each time it pops up . I haven’t and will not be taking the poll.
(2)

Any poll that isn't designed to block a user from taking it more than once isn't a useful poll. My city and school system run polls where people can answer it multiple times. Is it that complicated to make it so that each responder can only fill it out once?
(5)

Every time I click on my profile, the poll pops up. I've taken it three times so far.
(3)

MD,

Yes, very annoying!!!
(1)

MD,

I can’t remember. All I know is that it was bugging me. Sort of the way a telephone solicitor bugs me or spam texts do. 😝 LOL

I think AC should focus on their glitches first, then take their polls.
(3)

Well yeah but its not.
But I don't want to fill out a poll anyway, that's for the people still doing active caregiving.
(1)

It’s a poll that pops up, saying it’s a two minute poll. It’s just a few questions about what we want to see on the forum, advice from experts and so on.

I think it popped up in my newsfeed. Can’t remember now. It shows up immediately after logging into the website.
(1)

No poll for me either. And I never heard back from anyone running this site for help editing after posting. I submitted my inquiry using private message instead of the main forum, and still no response.
(1)

I can't find the poll.
(1)

Thank you, AC!
(1)

Update from the Tech Team- We're still working on the avatar/comment timestamp issue. This wasn't a design change, it's just a bug.

AgingCare is running a community poll for the next few days to gauge interest in new content. If you visit your profile page and scroll for a moment, the poll will pop up. We know that's a little annoying, it will be taken down mid-next week, once we get responses from a good number of community members. Thanks for your participation.

Finally, on the back end, Tech has been improving moderator tools. Users can't see this work, but it was a big undertaking and we're happy to release those improvements for the mods.

Have a good weekend, everyone.
(4)

Lucky you, Theo

Screwed up on my iPhone (Apple)
(4)

All is fine on my PC. I'm on browser Firefox. I see all the names, time posts, avatars and I can edit. I wouldn't have known there was a problem the last couple days if I didn't read these reports.
(1)

I just signed in and noticed avatars or photos and commenters name missing from Comments. Happening on my iPad and MacBook. Appears to be happening under new questions.
(2)

I have an android phone and a "normal" laptop,, some of the posts are now showing the avatar and info and others are not. reading the posts is very confusing with no time stamps or poster information. And what I posted about this last night is "" gone""
(3)

3 4 5 6 7
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter