Follow

We know that Caregivers often feel that no good deed goes unpunished.
If you are on The Naughty List again this year for the holidays, tell us why....

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
I know I am! 🎄
(1)

I think today I was put on it for reminding my MIL to take her pills. I said, “You forgot to yesterday, so make sure you do today.” Well, didn’t I get an earful, with her insisting that she took them, and calling me crazy…. I can’t stand there and make her take them - she won’t listen to me, and I would just get my nose bitten off. My husband (who she listens to) works nights, and so has to leave usually before she takes them (she eats slower than molasses in January).

I got the death glare when I cheerfully reminded her again before I left the kitchen…

It’s “damned if you do and damned if you don’t” in this house…
(5)

I’m likely on my in-laws naughty list, not overtly but in some mannerly but with quiet seething way. And I’m fully at peace with that🤭🤗😜
(4)

I am perpetually on the naughty list over compression socks and diuretics. Hubby has CHF, and severe lymphedema in his legs, worse in the right leg. He should take them every day, but I'm lucky if I can get him to take them twice a week. And the damned compression socks! One day he will only wear the tan socks - 2 days later, he throws them all away and will only wear the black ones. Fortunately his caregiver will check the trash and retrieve the rejected socks before she dumps the trash.
(7)

I’m on the stealth naughty list because I bought my mom a set of socks, ( this story on another thread but perfect for here ), thought the leaf pattern on ‘em looked familiar, and then when I gave them to her I realized they were marijuana leaves. No wonder these socks were plentiful in her difficult to find size. Socks fit so I said they were poinsettia leaves. Mom is now rocking weed socks in the MC.
(36)

Ah, I am always on the 'naughty list'.

Funny story: My MIL gave DH an envelope one Christmas for me, since we don't speak. A few hours later, we were helping a neighbor do a job in his garage. The envelope slid out of DH's pocket. Young neighbor says "Hey, open it! I bet it's money!" DH said, "yeah, she just gave all the adults $100 bills". So I opened it and....out fluttered NOTHING. She stiffed me. DH and I were laughing so hard we could hardly talk. Young neighbor said "Wow, that's HARSH, why would she do something like that?"

Because I was, and am and always will be the 'naughty one'.
(11)

I'm on the naughty list cause I told an off color joke on the What's for Dinner thread tonight.

OOPS!
(1)

No worries Gershun, it is Santa that is keeping the list.
I really don't believe t h e l i s t exists, do you?
(1)

Santa isn't real Send.

Oh my....did I just break your heart by telling you that?

Oh Send😟

Will you ever forgive me??

😀😁😂🤣
(1)

Well, the reindeer are real, so how do you know if Santa is not real?
Have you seen any reindeer?
(0)

I heard that Santa just pencils you in on the list. If that is true, you can be erased from the Naughty list.

My sister used to say to me: "I will pencil you in" when we were going to meet.
But that was when we were still speaking.
(2)

Send, I’ve eaten reindeer. The part that was on the pink side reminded me of Rudolph’s nose! Reindeer are farmed like cattle in some countries and taste pretty delicious. Sorry Santa!
(1)

Daughterof1930,
Great! I am going to pencil reindeer in on my menu and post that on the dinner thread, but will be waiting until after the holidays.

Daughter of 1930, are you on the Naughty list?
(1)

Gershun,
The Captain and Cuz would be proud of you!

Do they get an honorable mention on the Naughty List maybe?
(1)

Sorry Margaret.
Your package will not be arriving in Australia.
(0)

No coal allowed anymore in your stockings, it's not environmentally acceptable. I propose that from now on naughty people get this 💩. It's compostable.
(4)

Send, saying the Captain would be proud of me isn't really a compliment or is it? He did add some spice to this forum, with a pinch of lewdness and a dash of depravity. LOL

The Captain, God love him. I wonder how he is. If they ever solved his son's murder.

Dear Captain, I hope you are well. Hugs!!
(4)

Gershun,
You are not the Captain, but you are well liked.
No insult was intended at all.
(1)

I know you didn't mean anything by it Send. No worries.

Captain did say whatever was on his mind that's for sure.

I have an inner censor that usually works. It didn't last night for a sec. :)
(3)

To explain in advance...
No insult to Margaret either! She lives in Australia.
It is just that the USPS (U.S. Postal Service) will not be delivering to Australia this Christmas.
If you (anyone) does not believe in Santa, there will be NO packages arriving in Australia.

Margaret has regularly posted to the joke thread, I think she will get my joke.
(Even though we can still be mad about the USPS).
(1)

My sister has a Naughty List. It is called "I have no use for that person".
And I am on it!
(10)

I'm a librarian by occupation. We call those cheap Harlequin and others smut novels. Don't tell my MIL that I recycled her large smut novel collection. So far she hasn't asked for any specific titles. So now I have confessed. Can I join the Naughty List club? She only does word search now
(9)

How come I can't give a thumbs-up to the weed sock posts?
A laugh--all of us--needed.
At least they weren't...something else. (:
(10)

Because I am depressed and unhappy and sometimes I can't handle life with my mom.
(6)

Thanks for laughs!
(2)

I am on the Naughty List because I stole my mom's car.

Background: Mom is a widow and has memory issues. She moved to assisted living two months ago where she is thriving: eating well, making friends, sleeping better, etc. To get her to willingly pull the trigger, we had to allow her to take her car.

A couple of weeks in, she approached the administrator, shopping list in hand, and asked for directions to the grocery store. Since this isn't his first rodeo, he redirected her - successfully, he thought. She seemed happy with his suggestions (let us call you an Uber, we have a shopping trip scheduled Friday and you could go then, etc.) and went back upstairs to her room. Then, during the 2 pm staff change meeting when nobody was looking, out the door she went and she drove away. She didn't have her phone, of course.

Eight hours later and well after dark (she hasn't driven after dark in years) the police were just about to put a vulnerable adult alert out on Twitter with photos of her and the car. My husband was on the phone with adult child #2 filling him in (we didn't want him to find out when his friends said hey, isn't that your grandma on Twitter?) when her residence called to say she had breezed back in, thanks to a Good Samaritan who had guided her back from the grocery store. Where else she had been, she can't say.

The next day, I "stole" her car. It is in the garage in her house which she still owns. She asks after it, wonders why I took it, why I hate her, etc. I've ordered the police report, so with any luck seeing it in black and white will convince her it actually happened.
(20)

Oh my. There needs to be a laugh icon... Hahahahaha
(6)

Anything and everything. I figure "naughty girls" have more fun.
(7)

Im on the naughty list I guess because I made their assisted living place "permanently temporary" . Cancelled the house internet and TV, and cleaned the whole house of all food products.
So they can never go back to the rickedy steps, dangerous old house.
I also had all their bank and finances transferred to me to control mom's spending habits.
I also encouraged the state of Michigan to take away dad's license two years ago. Gave back the lease car and have saved them hundreds of dollars per month in expenses.
Yep I guess I'm naughty. Oh well...
Merry and safe Christmas to everyone out there living the high life... Smh....
(20)

I love the weed socks story! Rock on, mom! If anyone takes offense, let them get over themselves.
(11)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter