Follow

Had my 5 year colonoscopy this morning, so I did the clean out yesterday.

My doctor started me on new medication last November that made me very nauseous; he gave me a prescription for it. Worked like a charm. Once I got used to those new meds, the nausea went away, and I tucked the anti-nausea meds in my cabinet.

Well, before the clean out, I had the presence of mind to ask the doc if I could use those to fight the effects of that horrible gobbledy-gook you have to drink for the cleanse. He gave me the OK. Well, it worked like a charm! I got through the prep without any real stomach discomfort and no nausea to speak of!

So if you or a LO have a problem with that prep medication before your colonoscopy, it might be helpful to ask for a prescription anti-nausea medication to help fight the side effects. It really made a world of difference for me.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
You can also do a different prep that involves switching to a soft or liquid diet several days before. Ask the doctor first.
(2)

I had a colonoscopy last year and there was no gunk to drink at all. It was a fistful of pills and a lot of water, and another fistful and more water early the next morning.

Easy peasy.
(3)

Well done! Hope the results are crytal clear.
(2)

Yep! The prep is miserable!
(3)

Good to know .
I hope nothing concerning was found .
(4)

Thanks, Venting, I appreciate it. I feel great now that the whole thing is over!
(3)

(((Hug))). Feel better soon.
(3)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter