Follow

Had my 5 year colonoscopy this morning, so I did the clean out yesterday.

My doctor started me on new medication last November that made me very nauseous; he gave me a prescription for it. Worked like a charm. Once I got used to those new meds, the nausea went away, and I tucked the anti-nausea meds in my cabinet.

Well, before the clean out, I had the presence of mind to ask the doc if I could use those to fight the effects of that horrible gobbledy-gook you have to drink for the cleanse. He gave me the OK. Well, it worked like a charm! I got through the prep without any real stomach discomfort and no nausea to speak of!

So if you or a LO have a problem with that prep medication before your colonoscopy, it might be helpful to ask for a prescription anti-nausea medication to help fight the side effects. It really made a world of difference for me.

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
(((Hug))). Feel better soon.
(3)

Thanks, Venting, I appreciate it. I feel great now that the whole thing is over!
(3)

Good to know .
I hope nothing concerning was found .
(4)

Yep! The prep is miserable!
(3)

Well done! Hope the results are crytal clear.
(2)

I had a colonoscopy last year and there was no gunk to drink at all. It was a fistful of pills and a lot of water, and another fistful and more water early the next morning.

Easy peasy.
(3)

You can also do a different prep that involves switching to a soft or liquid diet several days before. Ask the doctor first.
(2)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter