Follow
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
You might want to put an ad on Craigslist or FB Marketplace in your area for this free bed. AgingCare forum here is a worldwide chat forum and Longwood FL is a very specific location. You'll have better results targeting that specific market.

I wound up donating my mother's electric bed to Habitat for Humanity.
(2)

Lea, my cousin also had a hospital bed that she tried to sell on FB Marketplace -- and she said they removed her ad. It was during covid but not sure if there are other rules at play (she is also in FL).

In southeast FL I found a smaller church-run donation center to come and pick up a mattress and boxspring from my Aunt's home. The Crossings Church (they may have more than one location).

Salvation Army may come get it if they have pick-up service in that zip code.
(0)

If you google "donating medical equipment" and the name of the town or county, you'll find a number of options, e.g., https://www.wecarelakecounty.org/we-share-of-central-florida. I think an organization specializing in medical equipment is probably a better bet than salvation army or goodwill. Were we are, salvation army and goodwill are pretty restrictive in what they'll accept and what they'll pick up.
(1)

Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter