Follow
Read More
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
1 2 3 4
Hello everyone! I apologise for not having sent you my wishes for Christmas Day yesterday but I wish you all the best for these Christmas holidays!
I have a week off so I will write a little bit about what happened here.
tantissimi auguri per queste feste natalizie a tutti
(3)

Anche, so good to hear from you!
(1)

Anche: Great to hear from you!💜
(1)

I am queuing to have my 3rd shot… this gives me some time to write to you.
on the 15th December I moved my mom to another facility after in the posh on they almost lost her device for checking her pacemaker… she is now closer and I can visit 6 days/7. But what is more important the check her, they saw her urine was concentrated and so they hydrated her by dripI was told by the nurse but I had already understood it as I saw the needle. In 40 days, in the beautiful new facility they never did anything like this.
Here she says everything is nice, she became friend of another lady whom she eats with and who encourages my mom to eat more! The building is older but they are well organised, the atmosphere seems to be cheerful and we had a good laugh when my mom told me the rehab therapist told her she is so cute he would like to adopt her!
I am now relaxing and sleeping for 8 hours per night! I can’t recall when I could last do this!
but I am still very angry with the other facility and wonder if I can do something to stop their bad behaviour. Not only do they receive money from the government but what about all those elderly people who do not have a family who can check on them?
while there my mom got an infection to her thumb, one to her eyes, they were not able to check her pacemaker, lost her roller (and the found it), broke her phone… let her cry in pain!!!! (Which I was told by the nurse! She told me to tell my mum to ask for help as she seemed afraid… I told her my mum called someone but was told they had no time for her and was probably called some not nice words).
(3)

Anche - I am glad your mother is closer to you and in a much better place, a win for both of you! I think there must be some mechanism in place there to report substandard care in facilities, here in Canada this information is required to be posted prominently in every nursing home.
(2)

Anche, such good news.

Yes, do find out how to report the previous facility. That's the only way these places get it sorted out.
(2)

Anche, what good news, and how wonderful to learn that you've found a much better place and that your mother had made a new friend!   Quelle joie!

As to reporting the first place, if I understand correctly the Italian government was paying for your mother's stay there.  I would contact their local  office, or representative, or perhaps headquarters, and ask how to report an underperforming and potentially negligent facility.  (I use the term potentially b/c you don't want to make accusations, just get the government involved and let them decide what accusations are appropriate.)
(3)

Thank you my friends! You are right Gardenartist I have no real evidence of what happened… the government pays the sanitary assistance in these facilities the family for the room, food, activities etc.
(1)

Anche: Yes, do report this VERY less than substandard level of care - IF possible.
(1)

I have been away from internet for a while and had problems with my mail…
but here I am today to wish a very happy Easter to all of you!
(6)

Happy Easter Anche!
(2)

Happy Easter, I hope you are enjoying your day (and eating something delicious)
(2)

Anche: Happy Easter.
(2)

I have been away from the forum for a long time. Things are changing so quickly… yesterday I got a phone call from the doctor in the nursing home: they had X-rays done to my mom since her blood analysis show she has an infection. I had seen the blood analysis results… I had the X-ray results yesterday evening: her lungs are fine, her heart is suffering. She eats very little, I normally go there bringing her a cake or some fruit since she eats very little. He back is aching. From today, she is staying in bed and I can go in her room after having a covid test done. I spent 2 Hours with hervin her room, we called my son and talked a little. But then she was mostly sleeping and crying in her sleep.
that is so very hard! I don’t know what to pray for: I don’t want her to suffer but I would like to have some more time to spend together.
(6)

Anche: Thank you for your update. Prayers sent for your dear mother.
(2)

(((((((hugs)))))) This is such a hard time. Prayers for peace.
(3)

Hugs, Anche. So sorry things are tough and scary right now. I hope medical professionals can make your mom more comfortable so that you two can spend any time she has left in a more peaceful way. Is there nothing more that can be done to get her comfortable? Big hugs, and prayers.
(4)

This morning I was called around 8 from the nursing house. My mom was not oxigenated (don’t know if it is the right word) so she is receiving oxygen. Around 11 they gave her morphine and she is now sleeping.
thank you for your support, I will keep you updated
(7)

I'm sorry Anche.
(2)

(((Hugs)))) and strength to you, Anche. My mom also had tears running down her cheeks at the end. I felt so bad for her and hoped that the morphine was helping.
(3)

(((((((anche))))))) More hugs and prayers.
(3)

Anche, prayers for peace, comfort and strength during this difficult time.
(4)

I too offer comfort, support, compassion and concern for you and your family, and hope that your mother can be more comfortable with the oxygen to ease her challenges and offer some peace.
(2)

Prayers for your mother and for you.
(3)

Anche: Prayers for your dear momma and for you. 💕
(3)

All the best Anche! For you and your Mother.
(3)

I wrote here on Thursday 7th, thatt I was called by the nursing home.
My mom died that same evening. I was with her, it was heartbreaking since morphine did not work properly, she woke up soon and she was in terrible pain. She would ask for her and when I asked her what I could do she just answered I could not do anything...
We had her funeral on Sathurday 9th.
In Italy, we have some small cards with the picture of our beloved printed to give as a memory. I had this sentence by St. Augustine printed on them:
"They whom we love and lost are no longer where they were before.
They are now wherever we are."

I feel a little lost but I know she is in a better place now, with my dad who died 40 years ago : they will protect me and my family.
I do believe she "sees" all the expressions of love and esteem I am receiving for her.
We had the chance to say goodbye and how much we love each other.
Tears are now in my eyes... and it is diffucult to go on writing.
I will still visit this wonderful forum that helped me so much.
(6)

Dear Anche, I’m glad that troubles are over for both you and your mother, and sorry that it was difficult for you both. You were both very brave, and you shared your love to help.

It was a lovely post, my dear. Your mother and your father will be “now wherever you are”.

Lots of love, Margaret
(3)

((((((hugs))))) anche. So sorry for your loss. May you both be at peace.
(4)

(((((Hugs)))))), Anche. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Be at peace. You did all that you could, and more.
(3)

1 2 3 4
This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter