Follow

I have been watching this show from day one, and in my opinion it's the best TV show I've ever seen. Recently they have begun tackling the issue of memory loss with one of the main characters. In the most recent episode, the character goes in for memory testing. It really hit home with me because I saw my dad attempting the exact same memory testing, which he did end up with serious dementia and died recently. It appears that this character's memory loss battle will be an ongoing topic in future episodes. If you have never seen this show, it is sooo well worth starting from episode one if you have a way to do so!

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Find Care & Housing
I can not get through this show without crying. It is a fabulous series and the cast is amazing. I feel like they are part of my family!!

I live with my 89 year old mom with dementia. It is getting worse and it is beyond challenging. All day long at work I tell myself to keep my patience and to be kinder because she is not thinking with a normal functioning brain. I get home and a half hour in I am loosing it. God Bless this forum for the support. Knowing that others know and understand this cruel and horrible disease gives me hope and strenghth that I am not alone. As with many of you, I am pretty much on my own, but I do pay for an aide to bathe her and do her hair as well as the aide staying overnight so my hubby and I can get away for a couple days.

Caregivers are true angels on earth. God Bless us all. Have a great day everyone.
(0)

I'm sorry for your loss Upstream. I watch this show and, now involved with seeing how things pan out for Rebecca.
While on the subject, the subject of Alzheimers is playing out on General Hospital as well and while it is set in a dramatized venue, I believe they are getting the point over if only people pay attention to it.
I would say a lot of time tv has a way of 'romanticizing' the real life heart aches of any serious illness with a cure at the end but these two shows actually are addressing it and how it is affecting all of their lives. Of course they aren't going to get into the down to the details because those people might get written out but in the meantime, it is much better that the plights they usually face in any kind of shows day or night time.
Even so, I don't get the sense this is 'are you blankety blank kidding me with this??' type drama as much as it is-I relate to it on some level.
Sorry this is a run on comment.
(0)

I don't watch regular t.v. shows anymore. I see the actors self congratulating themselves on award shows and that turns me off of any show they are on even if it's a good one.
(4)

Don’t know it. I’ll have to check it out.
(0)

I’ve got to catch up with last half of last season and this season. Writers are on target with adoption storyline. I watch it on Roku.
(0)

Sorry for your loss, Upstream.

I will try to find the show.
(1)

I agree with you. I binge watched the first 2 seasons and have watched the rest of the episodes in real time ever since. It's so sad how Rebecca is tackling what appears to be dementia or at least MCI at the present moment. And now Randall is tackling anxiety issues again as well. IMO, the writers have presented a pretty realistic look at all sorts of issues from addiction to death of a loved one to adoption. Love it!
(2)

I'm regular viewer of the show. I think I have more issues with it than you do. I hope they do address the dementia issue responsibly. Tv shows have a way of biting off more than they can chew. I hope they get the real truth and not just some stereotypical thing.
(0)

This discussion has been closed for comment. Start a New Discussion.
Start a Discussion
Subscribe to
Our Newsletter